Migatronic 5000MX

1. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

Hi Folk

I am after some advice.
    I just changed the roll of wire on my Migatronic 5000MX but when I press the trigger there is no wire feed.
    Anybody able to point me in the right direction to start fault finding (It was working OK but has been stood for last 2 months)

2. Troy Member

If it has a wire inch button try thst?
    If not disconnect the euro socket from the torch and bridge both pins on the socket an report back ?

Troy

3. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

Hi Troy

Hopefully I will get an opportunity to try that on Saturday

Troy likes this.
  4. Mikes Member

If you get stuck, I have a manual with wiring diagram for this as also have one. First off, I would check the small fuse on the front and secondly, the feed wire to the torch as it might have been 'broken / disconnected' when you've changed the wire reel.

5. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

Hi Mikes
    Yes if you could let me have a copy of the wiring diagram that would be most helpful.
    I have checked the fuse and that appears to be ok.

Troy. I tried bridging the pin but nothing happened I put a continuity tester accross the pins on the gun lead and when I squeeze the trigger it gets a circuit.

6. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

Could be a stuck relay. Disconnect the mains, open the machine up and give the pcb a gentle tap with a screwdriver handle or something plastic and light, don’t go mad.
    Check the connections on the pcb and see if there are any fuses inside the set or on the board blown. Also see if the auxiliary transformer has all its fuses and outputs

7. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

Thanks Jim
    If nothing jumps out at me, would you be able to look at the set or is it to old for you.
    Thanks Tony

8. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

More than happy to take a look Anthony

9. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

If you look in the Migatonics section on here there are some wiring diagrams, most of the machines are similar so even if yours isn't there there maybe one you can use.

Advertisements