Migatronic 5000MX

1. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

Hi Folks

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Migatronic 5000MX

As previously posted it was working fine but now there is no wire feed.

I have taken the side panel off and there is a orange wire that has become disconnected (not sure if that is the problem) there are several spare terminals but do not want to connect to the wrong one.

TIA

2. eddie49 Member

3. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

Thanks eddie94[​IMG]

Bottom left you can see 3 red wires, there is a 4th that is not connected they go to the voltage controller

4. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

[​IMG]

A better picture showing disconnected wire

5. eddie49 Member

By voltage controller, I assume that you mean the multi-position switch that controls the welding power.
    I have not ( yet ) found a wiring diagram for the machine ( as opposed to the PCB ). There are 8 pages of search results for "Migatronic" on this Forum.
    I believe that whilst the speed controller for the wirefeed motor is on the PCB, the actual DC power is in fact tapped off from the main welding power. [ This has the effect of automatically increasing the feed speed at higher power settings.]
    Are you sure that the main welding power ( arc ) is correct at all power settings, and that the wirefeed fails at all settings?
    The voltage at the torch tip with respect to the ground clamp should range from 15v to maybe 35v DC.

6. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

[​IMG] That is front of switch. Yes wire feed appears to be controlled from the PCB. Once lockdown is over I will get the machine down to RH Davey and let them have a look at it

7. Anthony Spencer

Anthony Spencer Member

A quick question, should I be able to turn the wire feed roller by hand ?

By checking back through other 5000MX threads I have managed to confirm where the detached wire went.

8. eddie49 Member

Depends on how the gearing is constructed. If the motor is in-line with the roller and they are all spur gears, then in theory yes. However, you are driving a very low ratio set of gears backwards, so it will be hard.
    If the motor is at 90 degrees to the roller, typically using a re-purposed windscreen wiper motor, that will use a worm gear, which cannot be reversed.
    On an older machine it is definitely worth opening, cleaning, and re-greasing the wirefeed motor gearbox.

Advertisements