1. Ugotit

Ugotit Flash in the pan

Anyone know of a good site for a file / MIG WELDING.PDF :cool:

2. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

3. Ugotit

Ugotit Flash in the pan

Mig welder operation

Hi I'm looking more for the operation and gas settings then the safty end.
    I have welded before but not with a mig machine. Thanks for the safty .pdf though.:)

4. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Gas about 12 litres per minuite,
    All the details you need will be on this very forum though.

5. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

6. Ugotit

Ugotit Flash in the pan

Thank you

Hi Malcom I read the tut but not to much there, tried to dnload the sip .pdf no luck. Thanks anyway. When my Clarke 180en arrives I will go at it. Cant be much harder then when I used to weld with a coat hanger and brazing tip.
    That would be back in 1975 before hi tech. and we though we where high tech
    Sometimes old is good. Sometimes old is good:D :cool: :rolleyes:

7. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

That's put a picture in my head :rolleyes:. In the '70s you didn't happen to stroke a cat like mad with a bit of acetone to get the voltage up for welding? I'll be disappointed if you didn't. :D

A Clarke 180 can't be much different from my welder. Set the power to 1 max, the wire speed to 3 and it should be good for practicing on 1.5mm sheet.

Give it a shot when you have the welder. I'd be interested to know which information you need but can't find on this website once you get going.

8. Ugotit

Ugotit Flash in the pan

Black cats are good luck and so is walking under the ladder

Well all kidding aside We really welded fenders with coat hangers.
    Cast iron with a square rod and flux brazing. Also bronze welding 3/8 plate with a brazing rod and brazing torch. Believe me it was strong, put it in a press and bent the weld. Those where the good old days. Life was slower, tougher , but you learnt a lot. Now I HAVE TO SPEED UP TO GUYS and wire feed etc.
    Guess I will have to get that black cat back and inject it with acetone while its on my shoulders and I started up the Mig.

Advertisements