Mig upkeep

1. say Member

Hi all
    Just need some guidance for a cebora 130 I purchased second hand
    Alls well but would like to know if there are things that need to be done for the upkeep
    I can weld ok and did so many years when in car accident repair, ironically car accident finished that career.
    Are there any parts that have to be lubricated with wd or greased etc
    Just general up keep of the mig
    Any help greatly recieved

Thanks

2. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

General upkeep is the same with most MIG's.
    Give a blow out with a compressed air can once every 6 months/ year depending on amount of use, just to get rid of any grinding material & dust in the unit.. Maybe give it a little grease on the wire feed motor & make sure all your connections are okay.

Once every year or 18 months you might want to give it a new euro connector, flick all the crap you've got in the wheels out & give it a nice outside shine. Maybe even a new torch too :)

3. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Not a major thing, just a kind of "if you feel like it" kind of thing. Just keeps the machine all "new" feeling as it were.

4. say Member

Hey guys sorry to sound dumb, please be gentle, but where is the o ring and switch contacts. This mig has the old torch, not euro
    I have no experience at all of maintaining a mig, where I used to work if it broke down we handed it to the boss, not a good way to have learnt but didn't have time ourselves to stop and repair

Thanks guys

5. say Member

Hi pdg
    Got new tips and shroud on the way, cleaned it up will try and post photos
    Is the motor/gearbox easy to get to? Is it on the side of the wire feed

Thanks

6. say Member

Thanks guys
    When I buy stuff new or second hand I like to take care of it the best I know how.

You have helped greatly

Thank you

Advertisements