Hi I'm new to welding I have a Mig welder and gave it my 1st try today. I used a 2mm steel sheet galvanised (unfortunately I didn't realize the dangers of this) and attempted to make a few beads in the plate as a practice. Luckily (perhaps) my second hand welder wouldn't weld for more than a second without cutting out as the wire feed keeps jamming. It'll spark for a second make a little spatter on the plate but that's it it won't spark long enough to even do a spot weld. I think it needs new liner since the wire feed wheels spins bit it gets stuck between there and the gun. Anyway I managed to make a few splatter blobs on the sheet most if not all seemed to be on the surface with no penetration into the sheet and most could be broken off easily. This took place in a garage with the door open. Obviously I've seen about the dangers of galv and metal fume fever and now I'm a bit concerned. I got a whif of a burning smell for a second but that's it couldn't really say I smelt anything. I did spend about half an hour messing about with the spool but only about 25 to 30 seconds total time actually attempting to weld. It went like this, 1 second sparking/splattering followed by 5 mins messing with the spool then a other attempt 1 second of splatter followed by another 5 minutes messing with the spool. Should I be worried? If I get ill now at least I'll know what it is. I have full face respirator mask that actually fits under my welding mask. Would that be any good in future?