Lorch

1. John G McMillan New Member

Hi there,my v205 died and I have ended up with a T220 pro,I would like some clarification on the owners manual from matt1978 but don,t know how to pm him can anyone help please

2. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Have sent you a PM

gordon stephenson likes this.
  3. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

What would you like to know?

4. Pete.

Pete. Member

John what went wrong with your v205? I have one and although it works fine it's getting on a bit so buying a parts machine might be a good idea for me.

5. John G McMillan New Member

I sent it to smp for repair,they brought it back from the dead but could not cure an e12 power fault,they had a lorch 220 pro up for sale so I did a deal and they allowed me a fair bit on my faulty v205,they will break it for spares

6. Pete.

Pete. Member

Ah, fair play. You never know when a spares machine would come in handy.

7. John G McMillan New Member

Hi there,thanks for your interest,I wanted to know the age of my machine which matt has now given me,He explained how upslope and downslope work as a percentage but I still can't get it as I am used to the 205 which is just a time in seconds.I have no Idea what gas post flow time correction is and I cannot get the user specific menùe c2 to work so I can use my superlex on a pedal without having to have a pin jumped plug in the front to avoid the machine saying I am using the wrong torch.Who can I get a new air filter from,regards John.

8. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Both up and down slope have 2 displays iirc % and Seconds.
    Post flow again shows you both % and seconds. I just set it in seconds and it just works. (Perhaps I should time it to be sure it’s not telling me lies.)
    Don’t know about the menu mine doesn’t work that way. Just link out the pin and be done with it.
    I’m sure Matt will have a Part no for the filter and information on who your local lorch dealer is.

Brad93 likes this.
  9. John G McMillan New Member

Thanks for thst,I have a six months warranty with the machine so I want to make sure everything is working,leaving a jumpered plug in is a work around ,best that it all works,I have part numbers I just need a dealer that can post to me at a good price

10. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Right if I remember correctly, as I have a HandyTig200, not a T220 but have used one a little bit:

On your T220 Control Pro you should have two digital displays?

When you set your tungsten diameter the T220 automatically selects some of the settings for you. As you increase or decrease the amps these settings alter automatically.

When you increase your post flow gas it appears as a percentage because the machine has worked out a figure for you, say 7 seconds and set that as a percentage of 100%. So if you set 115% that should be around 8 seconds and so on.

The reason I mention the two digital displays is the post flow appears as percentage in one window and time in the other.

It should also be the same for the upslope and down slope.

In regards to the machine thinking you have got a water cooled torch, My lorch does the same. You have to have a torch switch plugged into the front of the machine. Very easy to buy the correct plug and make a jumper.

I will look up how to get to the user specific menu when I’m in front of a computer later. I seem to recall you have to switch the machine off, hold down a button and switch the machine back on.

11. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

it actually shows you the seconds in the other display
    It’s not that complicated you don’t have to work it out as a %

12. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I’ve said exactly that in my post mate just a bit further down :whistle:

13. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Not sure if wellington welding would do lorch or not. They are out your way.

14. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Ah yes so you did.
    I think I said that too mate just the less wordy version :scared:

Brad93 likes this.
  15. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

You beat me to it because I was trying to find out what button to hold to get to the background menu :laughing:

Richard. likes this.
  16. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Ha ha I dunno mate. I’ve got the fisher price version. :laughing:

Brad93 likes this.
  17. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

There’s a tweco tonka toy in the process centre I’ll fire her up in a bit when I gather the energy to get up!

18. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

The only background menus mine has is by pressing and holding the arrow key then press the save.
    EEE3CB87-90B2-4A32-82A9-779D2465C524.jpeg

19. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Nah there is a user specific manual too. It changes a couple of non welding related settings. One being recognising if you have a water cooled torch connected.

Richard. likes this.
  20. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Not on the tweco there isn’t
    You can connect any torch or pedal to it
    The lorch is different

Advertisements