Lorch X 350

1. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Has anybody used one of these for site work? With wirefeeder?

What feeders can be run on it?
    Does the feeder need to be voltage sensing or is there a feeder that can connect to the X350 in CV mode?

It’s looking like one of the sites I work on is finally getting some three phase power and I don’t fancy dragging the S3 down there it’s far to rough for that.
    Need something with very, very good dust ingress protection. Good water resistance would be a bonus.

Will be doing lots of low-hydrogen basic electrodes, 1.2mm GS FCAW, maybe even some hardfacing wire through it.

2. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Now this looks like the dogs danglies.
    @matt1978 how much is something like that gonna set me back with 10m of interconnection cables?

• E14DDAC3-1984-4874-B2B3-B3888A820014.png
  3. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Hi Brad I’ll pm you some pricing over tomorrow.

If you already have a suitcase feeder then I’d say the X350 rather than the MX

4. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Ah so I see there are two models now.

So the X 350 is predominately a CC/Stick machine but does CV so you can hook like a Miller or Lincoln suitcase which is voltage sensing.

The MX 350 is predominately CV/MIG machine but does stick?

5. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Yeah that’s about right.

The MX has less MMA functions but a special PCB inside to drive that wire feeder in the picture and you can adjust the wirefeed rate and voltage from the feeder

The standard X can be used easily on 3rd party feeders like the Suitcase ones

Brad93 likes this.
Advertisements