Lorch repair near Sheffield

1. reliant-reviver New Member

Recently acquired a Lorch HT 180 TIG set to have a play with in my own time and do a few jobs on ally and stainless.

Unfortunately it is not currently functioning with an E9 error code showing, which to my understanding means it has experienced a current over-load or internally "flashed" between components.

Something I suspect is best tended to by someone who knows what they are doing. Can anyone recommend a repair centre near Sheffield, or between Sheffield and Reading as that is a frequent route for me.

Thanks in advance.

2. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

Did you buy it as a non runner? Do you have a serial number?

There is European Welding Supplies in Barnsley which is one of our distributors with a authorised service department and also there is our own dedicated Service Centre in Coalville who has stock of spare parts and may even be able to do the repair whilst you wait.

gordon stephenson likes this.
  3. reliant-reviver New Member

Yes, I got carried away whilst purchasing equipment at a workshop closure, I was assured it was welding beautifully up until the problem occurred. Bit of a gamble in the hope that it is repairable and I end up with a quality machine to learn on (rather than the cheap and tempting cr*p I have so far resisted) otherwise it may just be a somewhat costly mistake.

Model: HT 180
    Serial # 731 -1707 -011

Date on it is 2011 and the company that supplied it (Trueweld Ltd in Derby) are no longer in business.

A trip to Coalville sounds like the best bet, could you supply me further details so that I can arrange this please?

Ta,
    Phil

4. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

That serial number is a machine from 2007.

I have PM'd you the details of the service centre

Richard. likes this.
Advertisements