lorch aberdeen

1. neil63 Member

aberdeenshire
    who sales these in aberdeenshire
    looking to replace 2, 500amp water cooled machines
    are these lorch welders competitive compered to say esab ?

2. Jlg

Jlg Member

3. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

Lorch are exce!llent top end units just as good as esab.

The only thing I would suggest is see who quotes you the best price.

Richard. likes this.
  4. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Not sure who Supplies locally but it might be worth checking out NewArc too as they have a local branch in Aberdeen.

They have a very nice 500A water cooled
    separate wire feed MIG in their range.

5. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Support is what I’d be looking for in my purchase. You’ll find if your spending this sort of money on a couple of industrial sets the quality is going to be very good with which ever manufacturer you decide to go with.
    Check out who your local dealer provides support for, find out the length and terms of the warranty, have a demo of the sets in your short list and pick the one that ticks the most boxes for you. With purchases like these you cannot really buy based solely on other experiences because everyone has different priorities from a set.
    For the money I’m a huge fan of the Esab warrior inverter sets. They ain’t particularly dear for full 500 amp water cooled migs with the multiprocesses of tig, MMA and they are good arc air gougers too. No good if you want pulse mind and lorch have some lovely software additions to there sets for pulse and double pulse mig welding
    Some of matts welding with this software is beautiful. Depends what you need from a set.

Kent likes this.
  6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Not sure who does Lorch up that way sure @matt1978 will be able to advise.

What sort of machine are you looking for? Step-voltage rectifier? Inverter Synergic? Pulse?

Can get Richard Young our ESAB demonstrator up to you if you would like to see ESABs offerings.

matt1978 and Richard. like this.
  7. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

8. Kent

Kent Member

100% go with service locality. There are some cracking welding plants I would not buy because they break my rule of service being available within a 40mins - 1 hour trek .

Those big Esab warrior are great that Richard Mentioned but I do like Lorch a lot

Brad93 and Richard. like this.
  9. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The warriors are work horses that’s for sure and very simple. No bells and whistles but run a basic rod nice and run up to ⅜ carbons if I remember correctly. I’ve run ¼” carbons no problems.

10. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

That is my worry about getting a new pulse mig, service centres are sparse up this way for lots of them. Lorch seem to have one in Kilmarnock as I mentioned which although not exactly local it is at least in Scotland. At the moment EWM doesn't have anyone although I have heard that may change in the future. Esab and Kemmpi seem to have a couple at least, in Aberdeen and Glasgow areas.

Kent likes this.
  11. Kent

Kent Member

Did some big carbons on one a while back. Well I didn't actually I used my regular excuse it was a cracking set to weld heavy with though, made me wish I could have there phase proper here..

Brad93 likes this.
  12. neil63 Member

aberdeenshire
    once had a tour of their facility's in aberdeen and was not impressed with their welders after a demo of one.
    Not for me

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  13. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

They’re a love/hate thing I think. If I remember correctly Jim quite likes them as they’re bullet proof? @Jim Davey

14. neil63 Member

aberdeenshire
    also have a esab warrior here and hate it, noise running machine.
    It will be replaced next year and its not that old.
    The lorch's will replace a esab law 500 and a murex 510

15. neil63 Member

aberdeenshire
    Support not that important to us as there not much to go wrong with these welders.
    Last few welders came from HIS in inverness but the esab expert (alan forrest) has left for SWP

16. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

That surprises me as I think they’ve got lovely welding characteristics. The fans do cut in early and bellow through but generally these things are in industrial noisy work shops where the fan would never get noticed.
    Time for you to go look round and try out a load of machines I think as it appears you’ve got some specific needs.

17. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

They’re industrial machines they’re not going to be the quietest.

But it sounds like you’ve made your mind up with the Lorch machines. My personal machines are Lorch. A bit more expensive than ESAB but German quality and their high end machines are very intuitive to use.

Not much experience of their rectifier or micor machines but I’ve heard go stuff.

18. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

Hi, we have a service centre and sales partner in Aberdeen. Steveweld.

When are you looking to make an investment? I was in Aberdeen last week but planning another trip up in around 3-4 weeks and would have a 500 amp Micor with me.

Brad93 and Kent like this.
  19. neil63 Member

aberdeenshire
    ok so i though i would up date this thread
    after three calls to Steveweld in aberdeen about a Lorch and no one returning my calls i gave up and got a good price from HIS for 2, X8 Kemppi 500 amp water cooled welders
    Just before the order went in i thought i give Steveweld one last chance, why i dont know ?
    but 2 days later after hearing nothing i ordered the X8's
    But on day three i got an email with the price of a 400 amp water cooled machine, over 4.3k each, 8.6k for two !!!!!!!!!!
    I think Lorch need to get another out of town dealer, we're not all doing oil related work with open cheque books up here.
    I'll say no more on the subject.

Jlg likes this.
  20. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

That’s quite unfortunate.

It’s a shame you didn’t contact @matt1978 directly as he would of got the ball rolling in the right direction.

I deal with Elmdale down south who are a sister company of Steveweld and unfortunately they can be the same.

gordon stephenson likes this.
Advertisements