Kemppi not working

1. J.W Huisman New Member

Hello, I am new here, so my first question. My son has been given a kemppi master 3500, year 1996. So old enough ..... When we started it up the main fuses blew, this was corrected by disconnecting the water cooler system. No the power and high temperature lights come up on switching on the mains. And that's it. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? The inside has been thoroughly cleaned... Tia, Jan Waling

2. Dutch Welder Member

The machine probably has a flow switch, and with you disconnectiong the water cooler the switch is not being activated (and to save the torch the machine will not weld)
    Check if you can bypass the flow switch, and try again.
    However do NOT, i repeat do NOT test the machine with a watercooled torch, as you will fry it in very short order.

3. J.W Huisman New Member

Hi Dutch Welder, thanks for your fast response. I also thought of this as an option, so I tried it this morning, and joined the 2 wires from the connector between the control board and the cooler board. Alas, still the same. Also, you don't hear the gas control valve clicking when pressing the button on the torch. So I think there are multiple problems here.

Advertisements