Kemppi MinarchMig 200 Screen viewing angle normal?

1. goldie_88 New Member

Hi,

I just had a Miniarchmig 200 delivered. It seems extremely well built, but the viewing angle of the screen was a little disappointing. It seems as soon as the viewing angle is a little above the screen, the content on he screen fades away. So I'll either have to put the machine pretty high up or squat down to do the settings.

Am I being ocd here or is this a fault with the screen?

• IMG_20200325_204324.jpg
    • IMG_20200325_204314.jpg
  2. wyn

wyn Member

I have the older 180.
    The screen is very difficult to read at certain angles, I don't think it's a problem with the machine.
    Just how it is unfortunately.

gordon stephenson likes this.
  3. goldie_88 New Member

Ah ok.. Guess I'm gonna have to get used to it then.

4. Country Joe Argoshield Dark

It could be because the trolley/rack/stand thing that they make for it, has it sitting half-way up a gas cylinder, so it’d be higher up and easier to read.

It’s shown here.

Or maybe they just realised they’d have to design the “MST400” that way to make the screen high enough to be legible?

But mine’s the same!

All the Best,
    CJ

5. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Minarc 180 here as well, I made my trolley with a sloping shelf so I never noticed the viewing angle thing, plus I have to bend down close to the screen to see it these days if I don't have my specs on. :(

6. goldie_88 New Member

Glad it's not an issue with the screen at least. I'd hate to carry the the thing down to the post office again, as my welding project of a mk1 golf is the only car I have:doh: Great tip about keeping it a little sloped, didn't think of that as a solution.

Regards

7. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

dont worry sure screen is ok, my 180 the same and as soon as you use it you wont be dissapointed I promise you , wouldnt part with mine. Enjoy !

8. Jay1st

Jay1st Member

Same here with the same machine, have it for 3 years now like that

9. hotponyshoes Member

Is there any option in the settings menu to adjust the contrast?

10. Jay1st

Jay1st Member

nope, it's as it is, and it's not like you're watching TV, once adjusted it's off to watching the weld :)

11. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

compared to gys screen on kemppi is rubbish..but I find the kemppi welds better so as thats what its meant for or untill they bring a newer model out with a screen you can see in daylight I am sticking with mine

Advertisements