Kempotig 250 ac/dc Pedal

1. Ascona 400

Ascona 400 New Member

Hi All
    I bought a second hand Kempotig 250 ac/dc about 20 years ago and never used it however in the next few weeks I am going to try and repair my motorbikes exhaust and get some experience with Tig welding.
    At the time I got the machine it never came with a pedal so I am looking to get one, can anyone offer any advice where to get one or if its possible to modify a pedal meant for another brand?
    Any assistance will be much appreciated.

2. Richard.

Richard. Member

Welcome.
    Good solid machines those but strange you haven’t actually used it at all since you bought it. I’d of at least tried it all out. Before you splash out on a foot pedal I’d be inclined to fully clean and test that machine. Get all the dust out and off all the boards and test all the functions as a lot can go wrong in 20 years if it’s sitting around doing nothing.
    The pedal you want is a c100f
    It’s got the double plug system and 2 pots on the pedal for start and max current. Don’t think they are available as new items any more but ssc and tecarc still build them and I’m sure if you got a pot size info and wiring diagram you could make one easy enough

3. Ascona 400

Ascona 400 New Member

Hi Richard
    Many thanks for your reply, I did actually try it briefly when I got it which I actually think was more like 15 years ago and it worked, I did buy it from a dealer who also told me it was tested and fully working.
    I have set up an account with BOC and will collect some argon next week but you have a good point re the cleaning so I will take the sides off and blow the dust out before I do anything else.
    I did email Tecarc last week but have not had a reply as yet and I also called Kemmpi UK who were going to see if they had a manual they could provide and have not heard back from them either so will chase both this week.
    I'll also ask if Kemmpi UK could supply a wiring diagram for the pedal as I have had no luck finding info on the net, BTW where are you located as I have seen you have given some training to other forum members.

4. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yeah I do a bit of tuition in my spare time. Pm me if you want to get some details.
    I’m in the Cambridge area.

5. Appyasme1

Appyasme1 Member

You would need a 10K pot.Also Gavine Mellville posted a drawing on the site for a footswitch.

6. Ascona 400

Ascona 400 New Member

Hi
    Thanks for that info, can you point me i the right direction to find the post you mention as I cannot find a Gavine Mellville or Gavin.

7. Appyasme1

Appyasme1 Member

It is in the Kemppi section."MLS Torch switch should be easy"Don`t be put off by the word torch.If I new how to download it I would.:doh:

8. Ascona 400

Ascona 400 New Member

Hi
    Found it however my machine needs the C100F pedal (I Think) not the MLS type but many thanks for the heads up.
    My machine has a 10 pin and a 6 pin socket for the remote although I think the C100F has a 10 and 4 pin plug.

• IMG_1650.jpg
  9. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yes you need the c100f not the r11f.
    Completely different pedals.

10. Dutch Welder Member

Could it be the 10 pinner is for a pedal, whereas the 6 pinner is for remote control via a seperate box (so you actually weld with the torch button/electrode holder) but can vary amperage/voltage with a seperate box.

11. svenstadswerkplaats New Member

the six pin is for remote meters Ampere and Volt, I and U or A and V
    the ten pin is for remote control

12. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Member

UK London
    I think I may have the exact same machine. I have a foot pedal - not for sale but if you want to try and reverse engineer it, you could pop over and have a look at one if that helps.

Advertisements