Jasic 200amp ac/DC- stick welding capability

1. paulmitchell1984 Member

Hi guys

Looking at getting my self a tig as some may have seen from other threads.
    Now I have a kemmpi miniarc 150 mma welder that I get really good results with,
    But if I get the jasic I dont really want 2 welders for same purpose, has anybodybised the jasic with stick and can give opinions and any issues?

Cheers

2. Jlg

Jlg Member

I've got the analog one and can't fault it for what I use it with stick for

3. Dcal

Dcal Forum Supporter

I've the analog version as well and like it for tig and stick.
    One odd feature is, it only puts out 180A in stick mode (200 odd in tig) but it will run 3.2 all day and has no problem running 4mm 7018 but I don't do enough with 4mm rods to comment on the duty cycle.

I've had it for almost 4 years and never had a problem.

4. bwservices Member

its the norm to have it derated on stick due to the arc voltage being higher

the kemppi miniarc is a good stick welder but nothing special,there wouldn't be much difference in using the jasic other than portability

5. Kent

Kent Member

Kempi is a country mile he better set .

6. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Yes I do work for them but this is honestly from my own personal experience not a rule breaking sales pitch. without a single doubt the best dc tig with stick capabilities out there at the moment bar none!!!
    D44DBD49-40FB-4972-A230-A1E78DB42669.jpeg
    No word of a lie, I bashed a couple 4mm low hys into a plate from 28m of 1.5mm2 cable on a 110v 16amp supply and the machine didn’t give a fudge. With 3.2’s any rod any position 110 or 230. Long leads it will run them all day long.
    Hf full process pulse tig 200 amps and the size of a small shoe box.
    Might have to start asking about staff discounts lol because I’d love one in the garage.

Edit ... I have actually got one in the garage lol but I’ll have to give it back it at some point. :(

Kent and Tom Orrow L like this.
  7. bwservices Member

he isn't asking which set is better quality.he is asking will they stick weld similarly

its not in the same ball park financially,and doesn't do AC.
    if it did do AC,i still wouldn't include it in a Jasic thread

paulmitchell1984 likes this.
  8. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

I Absolutely agree mate.
    I only suggested it because if he did decide ac wasn’t an absolute need but good stick capabilities was with Hf tig then it could be a viable option that’s all. People with £1500 budgets automatically think they are stuck with parweld and jassics etc and if ac is essential then yes that’s the case. If however ac is a “might use” which is more often the case than not then doors open for some really stunning kit.

9. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Ive not used the Jasic ACDC for MMA, but I have used one of the 180a Dc only ones on stick.

Seemed fine to me, ran on a long lead without issues, banged a good few 3.2s without overheating....

10. paulmitchell1984 Member

I will rarely (at the minute) need to weld ally but I dont see the point in buying a machine that's just DC and then have to have another big outlay when I do need ally welding.

If there's not much in it between kemmpi and jasic for the stick I may well just sell that up, again stick welding is rare for me but it's nice to know it's there should I need to.

Richard. likes this.
  11. Kent

Kent Member

12. bwservices Member

they can both weld low hydrogen and rutile perfectly

they both can weld 6011

they both cannot weld 6010 properly

they are not worlds apart.i would question the sanity of anyone who claims they are after using them.
    I have used them both extensively.

I will not say any more on the matter

13. Munkul

Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    @Richard. what is that Lorch model? I can't find it anywhere. One of our welders has been asking for a decent portable 110v TIG set and so far I've resisted because I've never saw any 110v set with a decent duty cycle.

re Lorch/kemppi vs Jasic for stick welding i think if you're just welding smaller 7018 or 6013 you probably won't notice much difference. I really like my Jasic 160a MMA set.

14. Kent

Kent Member

Phone express cutting and welding based preston. I think they are your nearest dealer of lorch

15. bwservices Member

newarc rt2000 is 100% at 150 amps 200 amps at 60%

16. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

It’s the Micortig 200 control pro.
    It’s a brand new product we are introducing very early on this year.
    It’s DC is 140@100%
    Where it comes into a league of its own over other 110v welders including the new arcs is its ability to maintain awesome power even from poor 110v supply’s. You don’t need a 32amp 110 supply to get it to burn the bigger rods comfortably. It’s very happy with 3.2 rods running all day on a 16amp supply with long undersized cables. As an ex time served site welder I’ve not seen one behave as well. I’ve just had it in a customer now against another very high end brand machine they use frequently doing this exact task on MMA and tig.
    On tig they both maxed out at the same current and performed fine.
    On MMA the other machine ran out of steam and threw up an input voltage error. I believe it’s the Micors resident inverter that enables that bit more of a punch on typical site supplies.

17. Munkul

Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    That's very, very impressive.

I'm dealing with Express Weld at the minute, I might revisit this in a few months time once the shock of spending loads on welders at the moment has abated ;)

Richard. likes this.
  18. bwservices Member

can you put up a picture of the data plate Richard?
    if its running 140 amps for 4mm lohy on 28m of 1.5mm 110v supply it is something special

19. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Hi mate. I’ll start a new thread in the lorch section on it later on with some pics. As I’ve probably spammed Paul’s thread enough now. I was only intending on recommending something different to him. In the other thread I’ll do my best to answer all your questions no problem.

20. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

I wouldn’t be running too many 4mm rods on it as 140 amps is right on the bottom end for a 4mm but it does do it if need be. 3.2 on the same 140 amps would be better use of the current.

Advertisements