ive started racing, which means ive started welding again

1. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

over the last few weeks ive been prepping a car for a little off road endurance race run once a monthin llanelli...

the car didnt survive this time, but as itwas free to begin with and id only put about £100 into i wasnt too worried...

will be building another for next moths race and focusing on strength so will likely be doing a lot of welding on this one so will put a build thread up, but for now here are a few pics of what i ran last week

there was a bit of a fancy dress (for the cars) theme so i went with general lee cos you know...who doesnt want a saxo with a confederate flag on it.. haha

IMG_20190616_165256.jpg

IMG_20190615_172601.jpg

some small mounts i made up to fit a sump guard, pretty much the only welding i did on this project
    IMG_20190617_165403.jpg

FB_IMG_1561307524159.jpg

FB_IMG_1561307514817.jpg

FB_IMG_1561315062662.jpg

FB_IMG_1561315054891.jpg

FB_IMG_1561315069724.jpg

the result of hitting a ditch too hard and then being rear ended by a fiesta...killed the car after 24 laps of abuse so cant complain too much
    IMG_20190623_135219.jpg

2. 8ob

8ob Member

We like nutters on here :clapping:

Bob

3. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

ive been gone from here for a while (long story) but pulling the mig out over the last few weeks reminded me of the forum

4. Parm

Parm Metal Tinkerer

A blast from the past

steviec_lj, ukracer and brokenbiker like this.
  5. james butler

james butler Member

that looks like epic fun:clapping:

brokenbiker likes this.
  6. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

it is...6 hour endurance race le mans style...almost a mile a lap on rocky hills, muddy bends, jumps, ruts, berms, ditches and a seperate pit lane too...i lasted 24 laps, my mate witha mk5 fiesta fitted with a 1.6 zetec motor and gearbox from a 1.25 managed 71 laps before it was spitting oil out the exhaust...i think a civic won it with 140 laps (the same civic funilly enough that put the dent in my drivers door lol)

stuvy and Ruffian like this.
  7. Ruffian Member

If you have a link to the website/race series I reckon I couple of people I know may be game for that also.

rtcosic, stuvy, gaz1 and 1 other person like this.
  8. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

dont think it has a website, just search 'swiss valley' on facebook and it will come up. cant miss it, looks like banger racing but with less contact and prep work

Ruffian likes this.
  9. stuvy

stuvy Member

Might have to come down to watch this

Sounds brilliant fun

brokenbiker likes this.
  10. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

next one is 3 weeks away, 2 days this time, free entry to watch and a decent food van there too, free camping also but the locals are a bit full on lol

slim_boy_fat and Ruffian like this.
  11. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Not running a Renault the BB :whistle:

dobbslc likes this.
  12. rockweasel Member

That looks like good fun!

13. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

There is a possibility of an old Clio...but I'd rather stick with ford for my next car...the MK4/5 fiestas and the ka's do really well there with a few mods ...my mate runs an 03 fiesta shell on a 2" lift, 15" rims with auto grass tyres, a 1.6 focus zetec s engine and a 1.25 fiesta gearbox...it goes like a stabbed rat and skips over the rocks with ease...my next is going to be along those lines although may opt for the puma engine purely because right know of a few local ones with good history

14. stuvy

stuvy Member

What colour is the Puma? I’m after a pair of bumpers for one of mine and a dash center panel and stereo

You can fit a 2.0 zetec in fiestas and kas they run the same gearbox as the ka and fiestas.

Also fit mk3 mondeo brake calipers and st170 discs you need to open the hole on the caliper carrier out to 12.5 mm but you end up with 300mm discs

15. Ruffian Member

I'm not on faceache but may have to steal the mrs account to have a look. I'm pretty sure I could tempt a couple others to tag along.

16. stuvy

stuvy Member

Me neither but when I googled it there was a face ache page saying it was members only

Advertisements