info for Euromig 200

1. getmuddy New Member

Hi Guys

Ive just bought a Euromig 200 single phase mig

Does anyone else on here have one, if so, im keen to get a little more info on the machine.
    Been looking on the net and cant find a manual or operators book for it.

Can anyone help

Im located in northland New Zealand

Cheers

2. ALAN FLANNIGAN New Member

Hi I BOUGHT ONE ALSO did you have any luck finding a manual, does your welder weld for more than 20 seconds without stopping

3. Omniata

Omniata Forum Supporter

Errrmmm, this was posted in 2009, the member hasn't been active since.

4. ALAN FLANNIGAN New Member

oops did not look at the posting date, Thanks.

5. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Might be worth posting a pic of the welder as it could be much like a UK/Europen welder with a different badge on.It should weld for more than 20 secs though !
    And welcome to the forum BTW :hug:

6. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

If it looks like this i'd be keen on some info on them too

• unnamed (1).jpg
  7. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Well you are not giving a lot away with that image !! (even zooming in does very little !)
    Have had a thought ref Alan F's post. If the "stitch" function switch is selected then it will only weld for a few seconds (depending on setting of time dial) per pull and release of trigger.
    Not sure if that is the issue you are having Wacky ??

8. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
  9. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

Well the one I looked at only worked on 2 of the 6 power settings so eventually bought it for $50 AUD.

Got it home and stripped the switch segments to find sticking contacts. Bit of WD40 and working the contacts back and forth with a nail freed them off. Now have a fully working MIG for $50 and 30 mins fixing the switch.

• 20170123_095604.jpg
    • 20170123_100307.jpg
    • 20170123_102207.jpg
    arther dailey likes this.
  10. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

Cheers Mike, I wasn't having an issue with one just got offered one relatively cheaply but never heard of them. Looks to be a robust old school machine tho. I reckon your on the money on the stitch timer on alans one though, needs to be set to 0 for continuous welds (audibly clicks off at 0).

11. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

12. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Ref your post number 9 That usually ends in tears ! As in a member will post "I have taken the power selector switch apart and the bits dropped out and now can't get it back together/working" :o
    Then " can someone tell me how it should go back together" :doh::doh::doh::doh:
    :laughing:

Clawnz likes this.
  13. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

Yeah seen those posts lol. Suppose I was pretty lucky with this one Mike. In my mind if it doesn't work before you pull it apart its already as bad as it can get, you can only end up with it still not working just in more parts or working. I was very careful not to move any cams while it was 'segmented' and split them carefully to avoid small things disappearing into the voids of the garage. In the case of this switch its all pretty well contained in the segments so was pretty simple.

14. Farside

Farside Badly Welded Man

Many selector switches contain little components with the onomatopoeic name of 'pingfeckits'.

wacky7791 likes this.
  15. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

well, after a little looking around the euromig 200 looks suspiciously similar to a unimig craft 200, exactly the same outputs, switches and fuses on the front panel. A bit of 'badge engineering' in migs?

[​IMG]

16. Clawnz New Member

I was just looking for details online and found this thread.
    I have one that I am just about to sell.
    Euromig 200. It has been an excellent welder, though I only used as a domestic machine.
    I bought one of the first to be imported into NZ. In fact when I bought it, they told me I had to wait until they unpacked the container they came in.
    Never had any major issues. A very smooth arc. Nice steady buzz or hum, when welding.
    The neighbor did comment once on how nice it sounded when I was using it.
    The issue the guy asked about above is most likely a low time out setting.
    I do not remember having a set up manual, but maybe I do have it in my filling cab.
    will have a look. Will also get some photos up.
    [​IMG]

17. Myles Member

IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0073.JPG I have one of these welders also that I brought a while ago in non working condition. Original problem was the selector switch (would appear to be similar problem to that experienced by wacky7791 with his machine). Previous owner had disassembled and disconnected including the connections to the control unit PCB. At time of purchase I thought it would be relatively simple to replace the switch (done - this one needed more than WD40 as parts were broken and missing) and reconnect PCB - Wrong! Connections to PCB had been supposedly identified for reconnection but there are mistakes and double-ups with these markings and I don't want to proceed until I confirm exactly which wires go where. Now, try as I might, and confirmed by my following of this forum, wiring diagrams seem unobtainable. Hence, to cut a long story short, I am turning to the Euromig 200 owners of this forum to ask if someone would be prepared to open their machine and get a couple of photos and possibly even trace a wire or two to help me get mine sorted.

18. Clawnz New Member

This what you wanted?

[​IMG]

19. Myles Member

Exactly what I was after, thank you very much. This pic has revealed that I don't appear to have the white wire present in my machine. The only white wires I have are two to the yellow indicator light on the front panel (not connected and no idea where they should go) and one from the contactor (coil) to the gas solenoid? If I had to guess (as an electrician) I'd say there is a (white) wire missing that should run from the PCB to the contractor coil (same terminal as the wire to the gas solenoid).
    If I can impose on you a little more would you be able to tell me where the white wire in your pic runs to please? Also how about the two white wires from the yellow panel indicator light?
    I understand if you don't want to rummage around in your machine any further. Your assistance so far has been very helpful and is much appreciated. Thanks again.

20. Clawnz New Member

[​IMG]

I guess you guess correctly. No connection from PCB.
    As far as light I did not look as my wires are broken off of the front panel light. Which may off been an old neon as I cannot see a lot of volts across terminals.

Advertisements