Industrial control suppliers

1. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    From memory there are a few guys in here that are into industrial controls in various forms.

I have a monitor which is being very troublesome and packing up. It's pretty much a bog standard vga monitor which is 16 in cross the diagonals. I have proved the monitor is faulty by plugging into an old PC and it still has the same problems.

I do have a friend looking into this but we are struggling to find supplies in the UK... Obviously a machine is down and time is in the essence.

can anybody suggest control suppliers that might have this kind of thing in stock.

Many thanks.

2. daleyd

daleyd Member

Would any standard monitor would do, unless it has some communication inside?? If it’s a standard vga the just pick up a cheap pc monitor.

For a machine it is more common to have a HMI which has bespoke graphics and connection to a controller programmed in. You would need to know what it was communicating with (ie what plc/drive etc is on the end of it.) and if it has a program for the graphics how are you going to program it?

A picture of what you have currently may help.

3. Pete.

Pete. Member

What input do you require Scott?

4. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    Sec..... stoopid Firefox on my phone would not let me upload images so just transferring now...

5. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    IMG_20190210_123210114.jpg IMG_20190210_125302528.jpg IMG_20190210_123657205.jpg

6. Luke

Luke Forum Supporter

We've used Hope Industrial for a few industrial monitors.

https://hopeindustrial.co.uk/

Most of the time we use Siemens monitors and touch screens with IPCs, if we're not using HMIs.

Most control rooms are fine for Dell machines and monitors if it's just for SCADA etc.

7. scott0031 Member

England Kent

Well the monitor and boards has a small power supply tucked in the housing and its literally just a standard transformer 240 in using a standard pc pin power input cable, 12DC v 3.3 amp output, Vga. It's all pretty standard. I expect its the boards that have gone rather than the monitor.. its either find the right boards and many generics out there or the whole monitor and the right boards as a set.. its getting them in the Uk quickly.. The info i have from my friend is that this monitor is very common.... apperantly

8. Pete.

Pete. Member

I've got a Yuraku 16" monitor here. I'll rip it apart and see if it's similar.

IMAG3878.jpg

9. daleyd

daleyd Member

If your desperate then eBay it - at least you’ll get a like for like replacement. For anything different you may need to modify the cut out to accommodate a new screen. Does it need to be touchscreen or can you use with a mouse?

We used to get a lot of touchscreen failures (early Siemens pc670 touch panel PCs in particular seemed very fragile but the later versions were much improved) but most times could get away with a standard monitor and mouse/keyboard plugged in, at least for the short term to get the machine going.

10. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    Its nothing special, as above posts.. external monitor is ok as a stop gap but they are a pain. The controls have keys that correspond to the screen so externals are a pain in the backside for that reason. Mounting is a pain not to mention getting covered in coolants. These more industrial style monitors are housed sealed housings for these reasons.

11. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    I have been looking but it seems nothing in the uk on ebay all from abroad with longer lead times. Its not actually a touchscreen just a simple Lcd

12. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    I'm just really looking for control suppliers for bespoke machinery in the uk... probably getting one that is 16 inch is going to be the hard bit.

13. daleyd

daleyd Member

MCKDAVID likes this.
  14. daleyd

daleyd Member

Pro-face do some good HMI products, I’m doing a job at the moment with one of their all in one panel pc models, but they are not cheap!

15. Pete.

Pete. Member

Ah, despite what my tape measure says mine's a 17" and in any case I took the screen out and it's totally different inside.

16. scott0031 Member

England Kent

Thanks for trying Pete, It's always worth a shot. I don't know if the more modern industry based screen are integral with all the boards now but from what i can see these styles are pretty common... or probably for the era

http://www.panelook.com/M150XN07 V2_AUO_15.0_LCM_overview_924.html

17. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    They seem to list everything but 16 inch :(

18. daleyd

daleyd Member

It doesn’t seem a common size, if you are going to fit something different can’t you either fit something a bit smaller with an adaptor plate or make the cut out bigger?

19. eSCHEn

eSCHEn Bit Wrangler

Okay I have a 15" LCD here if you had to drop down but not really a solution.

I'll have a look around the stores tomorrow and see if there's anything better.

20. scott0031 Member

England Kent
    I think It's defined at a 15 looking at those ones on the bay that @daleyd listed and according to http://www.panelook.com/M150XN07 V2_AUO_15.0_LCM_overview_924.html

Is there any Any to define if its the display or the driver board that's at fault? Million dollar question i guess

Symptoms are:

Red tinge to the screen
    something like a low refresh rate as can be seen on the Vid. So the screen is like alternating.

Screen goes dead after 5 seconds and upwards to several minutes. Re plug the screen it comes live again but dies and goes blank shortly after.

The exact same symptoms are present when I plugged it into a an old win 98 amd pc

Advertisements