Hot fords !

1. ronan

ronan Member

dublin
    I have heard fords are not what they were, but i did not think they were this bad.

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  2. roofman

roofman "Hey!! calm down calm down"

stories like this always amaze me at how vulnerable people are who are not spanners savvy:( i would encourage anyone who has young sons or daughters to get them off the computers and in the shed and take things apart with tools at a very early age..and if they start moaning just lock the door and force them:D they will love you for it in 20 years:thumbup:

RonA, slim_boy_fat, ronan and 2 others like this.
  3. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

The way things are going best let them play on the laptop and buy them an electric motor to play with"...

Don't like the idea of these small cc high output engines. Asking for trouble. Give me a lazy 2l lump that barely breaks sweat any day.

roofman, ronan and Hopefuldave like this.
  4. graffian

graffian Seer unto the end of his beard

surrey
    gay-fords.jpg

ronan and Seadog like this.
  5. ronan

ronan Member

dublin
    Or 7.2 liter v8 lump if are American. Drive everywhere at tickover.

6. Kayos

Kayos Member

It’s the never ending push for efficiency, small turbo engines with all the fluids cut to the minimum so when they run the lab tests they get massive mpg. In the real world they can’t cope

ronan, Hopefuldave and slim_boy_fat like this.
  7. tom 748 Member

had 7 fords,years ago,never again

ronan and Hopefuldave like this.
  8. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I couldn't afford the slurping noise(s) though......:laughing:

In my motoring career I've had (iirc) 4 - I didn't think they were too bad, but that was back in the day and perhaps they were better then....:scared: :flame:. They were certainly easy to work on. I'll never forget lying underneath a Cortina in a single garage, with the gearbox on my chest. :laughing:

roofman, ronan and Hopefuldave like this.
  9. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance, flood are hard to start

A nice Austin A40 Hatch back 4 speed box single cam chain driven single carb bit 60\80k before re build.
    The thing is you could do it in your garage the coil was the most sophisticated bit of electrical kit on it.
    But the old Peugot 404 would do 300K & on African roads lift the bonnet & any half competent mechanic could sort it out
    The manufacturers & Customers keep putting to my way of thinking needless junk in them ,, heated steering wheel, automatic lights on, auto wipers, heated seats, head lights that stay on for a few minutes so you can find your door Electronic keys, we find that the scroats love those. trip computers ETC all adding to cost & problems even the main dealers seem to have problems sorting out the electronics which are poorly thought out & executed in the main
    We have cars that can do 150\200k without problems, but if they do :o ££££££££££££££
    It is not just Ford There are horror stories for most makes

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements