Help with SWP regulator

1. jimmy09 New Member

I bought below SWP regulator and I'm not sure how to connect it up.
    There are two outlets , So I'm confused which one should be used to connect it to the MIG as the inlet gas and what do I do wit the other? connect a flow meter perhaps?

So which connectors or parts do I need to complete my setup?

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. There is only one outlet, it’s the one shown in pictures 3 and 4, it is a standard gas hose connection, under no circumstances tamper with the other connection, it is a pressure relief valve.

If you are unsure about fittings/connections take it along to your local welding equipment supplier and they will sort you out with the correct, safe stuff you need

3. jimmy09 New Member

4. They’re the ones, generally referred to as nuts and tails. Does your welding set not have a length of hose with these fittings already in place

5. jimmy09 New Member

Thanks , no nothing like that in my MIG or with the regulator, I bought a hose separately and now trying to match up the connector.

6. When you order your nuts and tails you will need to make sure the tails match the internal diameter of your hose, you will also need to get crimp on hose clips that match the outside diameter of your hose

7. jimmy09 New Member

Just to make sure below is the size, it does look bigger than a standard air hose connector thread

[​IMG]

8. WorkshopChris Forum Supporter

9. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

3/8" BSP can be confusing to some folks, It refers to the bore of the pipe that the thread would be on.

10. jimmy09 New Member

Popped in to local welding supplier found in yellow pages, he sorted me out, all good now.
    Thanks for all the help.

Yamhon likes this.
  11. No probs, you’re always better off supporting your local welding equipment supplier than trying to save a couple of quid by taking a punt on eBay

WorkshopChris likes this.
Advertisements