help!!! new tig gave up, ---wolf!

1. bawjaws Member

scotland
    as per the title, my new welder gave up on working a couple of hours ago, ive burned a box of 2.5 rods with it on thursday no probs but i was using the tig function today and seemed to fry it!, basically the hf start thing started to get weaker and weaker every time i started it, until it stopped working completely, the fan still works fine, but thats tho only thing to work, and when i change it from tig to mma function it used to start a buzzing noise, but like i say, nothing now? not even a spark!, anyone have an rough idea what it'll be or where i can get it repaired? thanks....:mad:

edit- its the 200 version by the way, it was only 12 days ago that i bought it so surely ill have some sort of exchange rights?

2. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

That depends if you purchased locally or from abroad.......

PS. remember the seller is legally required to sell goods fit for purpose, he has to replace or refund, he cannot turn around and state that the warranty is only with the manufacturer so you must contact them. call trading standards and complain about the seller....

hth

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. wyn

wyn Member

This thread a little while ago seems to show that wolf tools went bust. That won't help things, but the shop you bought it from might swap it.

4. bawjaws Member

scotland
    i bought it from ebay from what seems to be a shop selling all the wolf stuff off, the returns policy is as follows

"Returns Policy:-
    Any item being returned the postage is the responsibility of the buyer. If any goods are delivered damaged we must be notified upon receipt of the item. If you have ordered an item and changed your mind you may return it at your cost, we will charge a handling fee and refund the difference; the charge is 20% of the cost of the item: - The item must be unused and all original packaging must be intact. Genuinely faulty goods, once ratified upon return to us, will be replaced; however we must be advised of any faulty goods upon receipt of the item and they must be returned in the original packaging intact."

i doubt ill get the response im looking for as it says they must be advised of problems upon reciept of the item, ill try emailing them and see what they say....

5. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

Did you pay via paypal, debit or credit card???

6. hotrodder Member

SE England
  7. bawjaws Member

scotland
    bloody result!, sent him a polite email saying what happened and got a reply about an hour later saying "sorry that your item has developed a fault. Please return it and we will get an engineer to look at it. If necessary we will send you a replacement machine." :P

8. Benj Member

West Yorks
    I have/had a wolf 200 Tig welder, from ebay years ago (Bright red box with one dial). Worked really well for a cheapo machine for about 18months. HF packed up, but if you open the case you can adjust the contacts, but it finally packed up completely never got around to fixing it..

I did contact them about a new control board as the voltage regulator died, never got a response....

Advertisements