Help needed

1. normspanners Member

northwales
    Hi guys long time no post ,
    Sorry havnt been in here for ages 2019 was so bad i cant believe it , catalogue of errors
    Started with bad hernia, wife left, then son move out, lost my dogs , then few weeks ago lost my hgv due to severe heart failure got to now attend heart failure clinic next mon, then finally got to see surgeon re hernia and cant have opp coz of heart failure that is only part of the list got a bad chest infection to top it all off.
    The reason for this post is there is a guy in north bourmouth has something i want but need cash on pick up but wont post i cant find one of these any where else he wants 25 they are like 200 retail was wondering if any body was close could do me amassive favour and pick it up .
    I realise this is a big ask but have done the same thing for others on here.
    Cheers for any help that is offered
    NORM

Gwil and stuvy like this.
  2. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Sorry to hear that Norm

The only way is up

Sorry but Im further away from Bournemouth than you are

normspanners likes this.
  3. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

As Al says, sorry to hear it Norm. Wondered where you were.

normspanners likes this.
  4. Country Joe Argoshield Dark

Sorry to hear about all your recent misfortune - sounds like a proper downer!

I can't do anything today - but tomorrow I should be able to. (assuming I get paid - which can be a bit tenuous at the moment!)
    Otherwise I'll be all used up on a killing spree!

Dunno if it can wait that long, though?

I'll have to be in central Bristol for about an hour somewhere between around 1800-2000 tomorrow, but outside of those times should be fine.
    I'm assuming it will fit in a caddy van - and is liftable by a knackered out old(ish) guy?

Do the details on PM, if you like - probably easier!

All the Best,
    CJ

zx9, normspanners and 123hotchef like this.
  5. atomant48

atomant48 Member

Salisbury UK
    Welcome back Norm sounds like a tough year but this is the place to be to make you feel better !

normspanners likes this.
  6. normspanners Member

northwales
    Cheers for that , ps I can put the money straight into your bank

7. gerrymoore

gerrymoore CNC expert (well, getting there!)

Hi Norm ...wondered where you were. Sorry to hear all the bad news ...I know a little about how you feel as I have not been over the door for 3 months due to b****y shingles :(

Praps we can meet up for a beer and chinwag when both feeling more up to it :dontknow: all the best Gerry.

normspanners likes this.
  8. Migmac

Migmac Member

Jeez, Norm that’s a bad year. Onwards and upwards, things will get better. Sorry i can’t help you.

normspanners likes this.
  9. normspanners Member

northwales

10. normspanners Member

northwales
    Cheers thats only brief resume hehe, ps im not after sympathy, as some of it is my own fault for being stupid but most it is just because it can it has! .
    Not sure till monday state of my heart the consultant guy that checked me out said its only workin 20% and was shocked and not expecting to tell me that ,
    Hehe... HE was shocked !! Lucky i was sent by dvla or i wouldnt have known till i was probably up shoot creek hehe well im up there now but at least at mo have half a paddle well actually 20 % and the shafts got a hernia ...but i can still fight the tide, just have to hope there isnt a tsunami .

stuvy, Rig Pig, roofman and 9 others like this.
  11. normspanners Member

northwales
    That would be great mate if poss it is only small its a three legged drum stand have taken up drumin to take out my frustrations and it seems to have worked its amazing how it calms you but gets you exercising yourself.

stuvy likes this.
  12. normspanners Member

northwales
    Sorry guys postin on phone and hate using it for posting one of the reasons i stopped coz lost the interweb for mths but phone needs it also coz no phone signal, then got out of the habit plus didnt feel like the world liked me tbh ( the world prob had good reason haha)
    Cheers for any help
    Im still workin i have to ! but reduced pulling and draging till i know the score, mind you the hernia sees to that, it just puts me on my knees screaming trying to pull the imaginary red hot knife out of my left testi !

stuvy and Mr Roo like this.
  13. normspanners Member

northwales
    Give you all a laugh consultant said i couldnt leave hospotal coz he had injected me with adrenaline to stress test the ticker and had to stay for 1/2 hr incase i snuffed it .so went to cafe and asked for beans on toast with cheese melted on it .
    Oh we dont do that .. BUT... we can do cheese on toast and i can put beans on top of that ! so i said hmmm let me think about it, ha... so i said ok , i will just eat it stood on my head in the corner , she said oh i dont thinkthey will allow that !!! You will have to be at a table . Serious or what
    Hmmm and i thought i was being silly.

Retired, garethp, stuvy and 16 others like this.
  14. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping:...so losing the neighbours next...:laughing:

15. jenki Member

Sorry to hear that Norm hope things start improving soon.

normspanners likes this.
  16. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

as for the heart, me to....lived with it for years, feelin tired etc all the time....thought it was just getting old and wet grass....nod-nod wink-wink.......hahaha.....
    same sorta numbers.......lucky to be alive the consultant said......!!!!!!!!!
    just had a Defib pacemaker fitted.......5 weeks on and like a new man.........
    can work all day without a kip but sometimes get pretty tired.....
    I'm 70 now but feeling like I did around 55......
    took about 9 months to get it done from first diagnosis.....thats in Essex....
    can be quicker have heard.....
    good luck......

Retired, stuvy, Mr Roo and 2 others like this.
  17. normspanners Member

northwales
    oh Great Thanks Frank that sounds interesting and promising!, not having symtoms is encoraging... to me at least I suppose, but the look on the consultant face wasnt though!! and the OH he let out, was a bit scary hehe, I said the "OH" sounds BAD... he said thats coz it is ! I said that sounds even badder:laughing:, then he started talkin heart failure clinic and said I know that seems and sounds daunting, YEP FLIPPIN RIGHT IT DOES , but there is few things that can be done ie pacemakers etc he then looked back at my medical records:rules: and said, oh you where diagnosed 10 yrs ago !!! I said should I have not known then ? he said, ER yes, treatment should have been started years ago !!
    I am just so lucky I suppose that I had a HGV and they paid for the test.

Retired and Rig Pig like this.
  18. normspanners Member

northwales
    Actually the room is sound proofed ... I SAID ITS SOUND PROOFED ... I SAID... ITS SOUND PROOFED !!
    and IM going deaf anyway. THE BELLS THE BELLS.

Retired, stuvy, Mr Roo and 2 others like this.
  19. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

Sorry to hear this Norm, but at least you've retained your sense of humour :thumbup:

Retired and normspanners like this.
  20. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

What ???

Retired, stuvy and normspanners like this.
Advertisements