Help needed, Hydrovane 5

1. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

I'm sure they this has been asked before, My eldest son's Hydrovane 5 is poorly, Does any member have a manual for this machine that they could please email to me, His house central heating runs on waste oil but the burner needs an air supply too, hence needing a reliable long lasting compressor. Many thanks in advance, Picture was taken when we installed it, running with a cheap wobble piston compressor, but they barely last a couple of weeks,

98F5901E-2FD4-4B3F-A46E-EDD29808F9DC.jpeg

2. knighty Forum Supporter

I'm no help on the hydrovane.... but look for a dental compressor... that's what my mate uses to run his burner, bonus is is't lovery and quiet :-)

3. andymfell Member

service manual sent by PM

knighty and slim_boy_fat like this.
  4. knighty Forum Supporter

ohhhh, any chance I could have a copy?

5. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Member

UK London
    Me too please, I also have a poorly hydrovane, fixing it up for a mate. Manual would be invaluable!

6. andymfell Member

hope this is of some help it's for the 501-502 models which are similar to the 5 model obviously any parts bought should be ordered in reference to the serial number

Screwdriver likes this.
  7. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Member

UK London
    @andymfell well that's just brilliant thanks! If you do a search (the right sort of archived search) there's a ton of unfulfilled hydrovane requests.

I have been tripping over my project for the best part of a year now and all the little widgets are gradually becoming dispersed as the stripped down parts get shuffled out of the way. This info is just in the nick of time, many thanks! :thumbup:

8. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    @gordon stephenson you can buy those waste oil burner units with integrated compressors. That may be an option for the future.

9. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

I have forwarded the PDF to my son, he is over the moon, I was not aware of the burners with integrated compressors, I will pass on that info too, Thanks again, This forum is the font of all knowledge, Members with such a wide scope of subjects, almost unbelievable, Thanks all. Gordon.

10. Ped

Ped Member

Stamford, uk
    I don't think he's been on here for a while but @Gary900r is the man to ask about hydrovanes. Probably best to talk to him before you tear it apart.

Advertisements