Harrison M250 vs M300 Way compatibility and accessories

1. R-D-R Forum Supporter

Does anyone know if the Way profile on the M250 and M300 are the same? They look it but I'm guessing form pictures. I'm after a bed stop, rather than make one i know of one going cheap but it's for an M300.

Also, i want to build my collection of change gears, again they look the same in photos?

I know some parts carry over, and some accessories such as the Taper turning Attachment are the same.

Any pointers would be much apreciated.

2. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

@Burdekin

he might be able to help you with some info on it

R-D-R likes this.
  3. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Search the forums, l’m sure someone has posted a drawing of the bed ways with dims

R-D-R likes this.
  4. R-D-R Forum Supporter

Thanks and yes I could have sworn I’d seen some drawing but can’t seem to find it.

5. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    Ask pressbrake i i would imagine hed know

6. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Dunno. But if the stops cheap buy it anyway.
    If it doesn't fit mod it or sell it for profit.

7. scottmk1

scottmk1 Forum Supporter

I believe this is for an M300, I got it off the Yahoo Harrison group ages ago. Might be of use?

M300 Ways.jpg

R-D-R likes this.
  8. R-D-R Forum Supporter

thanks @scottmk1 i'd missed your reply I'm away working ill use that to compare when i get back :-)

scottmk1 likes this.
  9. scottmk1

scottmk1 Forum Supporter

No problem I hope its useful to you

10. Dr.Al

Dr.Al Forum Supporter

In case it's of any use, a while ago I had an attempt at measuring and sketching the ways of the M250. I'm not convinced the dimensions are spot on as it was only through measurement and it was quite hard to measure accurately in a lot of areas. So caveat lector, but here it is:

upload_2019-12-17_11-24-1.png

Please don't go and spend any significant amount of money that depends on the accuracy of this drawing!

11. Carl Wilson Member

As far as I'm aware the change wheels are the same.

12. Dr.Al

Dr.Al Forum Supporter

Can't comment on the M300, but the M250 change wheels are 10 mm thick and module 1.5. The internal spline has a critical inner diameter (I'd have to check what this is) but the outer diameter isn't important, so when I made some of my own out of acetal, I used a 3 mm end-mill to make the splines and the gears work really well: https://www.cgtk.co.uk/metalwork/m250/smallmods#changegears

13. Carl Wilson Member

Thanks for the link to your site. Some really interesting ideas there. I like how you used an end mill to make the spline.

I have an M250 and I had some change wheels made by my friend on his Formlabs SLA 3d printer. I will make some more eventually using your method.

There are lots of other good things too so I'll be spending some time studying your site.

Thanks again.

Milkybars and Dr.Al like this.
Advertisements