GYS TIG 200 DC

1. Keith 66 Member

Essex UK
    Just acquired one of these, was supposed to work but someone has chopped the power lead off.
    I go to put a plug on it & lo & behold it has a cable i never have seen before.
    3 core cable each wire is white, numbered on each wire 1, 2 & 3 not colour coded brown blue & yellow/green like here!

Anyone know which wire is which before i try to blow it up properly?

2. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

You’d be better opening the machine up and checking what goes where to be honest.. :thumbup:

eLuSiVeMiTe and addjunkie like this.
  3. Keith 66 Member

Essex UK
    Think you are right!

4. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

It sounds like a 3-phase machine.

mtt.tr likes this.
  5. Keith 66 Member

Essex UK
    Just had another look says 240 volts on the side. its definately single phase, just french!

6. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

7. Andrew JD New Member

I have just joined, and don't see how to start a new thread which is probably what I ought to do.
    I have just bought a GYS Tig dc 200 hf pulse, not working.
    When plugged in it makes a few ticking noises (relay noises). When Power is pressed the screen and controls light up, looking promising. Turning amps changes the set figure, as expected. Pressing the control changes Tig hf to Tig lift, then to MMA, as expected. AT MMA fan starts and continues to run until machine is unplugged. (Then stays on several seconds, showing big DC capacitors have charged up.) All sounds promising still.
    But no welding output on any setting. (And no sounds of hf.)
    Opened up case, and found a diode with melted legs near big capacitors. Replaced it with new. (Did not have to do any dismantling to do this.) No effect.
    There are green (diagnostic) LEDs on main board, and different combinations light up according to panel settings.
    My next step would be to unbolt innards, exposing everything to inspection and test. But I know too well that testing dismantled electronics brings its own risks of more damage (unintended contacts here and there), so first I would like to know whether anyone knows anything about the innards of this machine, and ideally what the LEDs can tell me. Even a circuit diagram if anyone has ever seen one!

8. Richard.

Richard. Member

Is @Tom Orrow L a service centre for gys? Perhaps he has the drawings.
    Failing that @Joe Irvin might be able to shed some light.

Joe Irvin likes this.
  9. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

Just open it up and see where they go. Most likely 1 will be live, 2 neutral and 3 ground. But check for yourself.

10. Richard.

Richard. Member

Most recent post

11. Joe Irvin

Joe Irvin New Member

Evening both,

I would recommend taking your machines to a qualified service engineer for any work that may need doing. Most distributors will have their own in house facilities or will be partnered up with an independent.

Alternatively, GYS UK have two engineers at our HQ in Rugby. Call through to the office on 01926 338609 and they will transfer you through. Andy or Decland will be able to advise on any technical queries.

All the best,

Joe

Tom Orrow L, Jim Davey and Richard. like this.
  12. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Not quite yet, working on getting to the standard though :)

Advertisements