GYS Multipearl 200.4

1. Seano

Seano Member

I bought a new machine from Tom orrow a while back, unboxed it switched it on, ran through all the programs and as a certainly Mr Connolly would say "Aye that's grand and all tickety boo" so I put it away in my arm and well aired storage unit, knowing I was going to be laid up for a lengthy period.

Anyway I get everything out today with thought of doing a bit of blue fairy chasing ........ Kin thing wouldn't even light up... Fuse thinks I, ha fat chance, changed it still nada, the one thing I had noticed from the gitgo was the fuse holder doesn't sit in tight and flush, was going to try a bit of godd ole chicken foil, but erred one the side of safety ........ :whistle: having just loand my DVM to my son in law there's not a lot else I can chase, I know I can contact Tom tomorrow just bites my ass not being able to sort what should be simples, any ideas boys.

2. zx9

zx9 Member

Maddening I know but I am sure Tom will sort you out when you contact him on Monday.

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  3. Seano

Seano Member

No doubt, it's just so annoying.

4. dai

dai welsh and proud

5. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Are you using the 13A plug adapter that GYS provide? If so, are the two prongs sitting in the slots nicely?

Jlg likes this.
  6. bricol Member

N.Yorks, UK
    You have turned the damn great switch on the back? I only ask as a mate of mine . . .

Seano and Jim Davey like this.
  7. Seano

Seano Member

Ok, further to my dead dodo GYS, Tom has ( I hope) passed my phone details to GYS technical to give me a call, anyway not being a total lectrical numpty, confirmed with Tom that lifting the lid wouldn't void my warranty, got power up to the main swith at the back, got power going through the live / neg on the switch but when I go down to the two wires from the switch to the board I have nothing at all, would one assume the main power swich has gone south ?

8. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    Quite possibly.... mains rocker switches, notoriously unreliable when used to power high-current smps (which an inverter welder is)... I'm really surprised they are switching the AC directly...

9. Seano

Seano Member

It's sorted, after going through some fault finding with the GYS tech, we both agreed that the power switch was the problem, so thinking I've got nothing to lose I stripped the switch and give it a good wash out with contact cleaner, hey presto everthing works, contacts were quite gummed up, but Andy at GYS sent me a new switch out anyway TOP marks to GYS for service and back up.

Yamhon, DAPPH, Hood and 6 others like this.
  10. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Glad everything was sorted Sean! Andy's a good one, he's not been there too long but he's certainly getting well known for being quite helpful.

Yamhon likes this.
Advertisements