GYS 220 AC /DC TIG

1. NickyEng

NickyEng Brown belt in Origami

Just opened up the new Gys and been playing around with panel in the living room.
    Really impressive build quality and incredible array of features. Made in France - can't wait to get welding!
    Thanks to Tom and welding supplies direct, would very much like to recommend them.

• DSC_0040.JPG
    Richard., Bigjoe, eSCHEn and 2 others like this.
  2. daleyd

daleyd Member

That looks great! (I'm a sucker for fancy displays and things ha ha!!)

Hope it welds as good as it looks.

NickyEng likes this.
  3. NickyEng

It's fully Synergic Dale too, I like to play but you can just stick in material and thickness and it will dial all the settings up for you if you don't want to learn all the settings and how one thing effects another - you can just weld tight off the synergies. Pretty neat!

daleyd likes this.
  4. Bigjoe Moved to the country!

I regret having to sell my Gys smartmig recently but I've always liked the look of the. Acdc tig also.....shiney :clapping:

NickyEng likes this.
  5. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Looks really nice kit that Nicky. There product range is very smart looking stuff and always priced at a nice level.

NickyEng likes this.
  6. eSCHEn

eSCHEn Bit Wrangler Staff Member

How you been getting on with the Gys NickyEng?

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  7. NickyEng

Great mate, Iovely machine. Not done any ally yet but great on steel, superb arc quality. The GYS HF is so crisp compared with the R-Tech microstart HF which wasn't particularly accurate really . Nice user friendly settings on the GYS and very attractive TFT screen. I still need to have a good blast with a the settings on Ally. I am absolutely snowed under with boat repair work just now and just dont have much free time to play. I will do a full review on here and for Tom once I put it thru it's paces on Ally.

eSCHEn and Tom Orrow L like this.
  8. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Look forward to it Nicky :)

NickyEng and eSCHEn like this.
  9. eSCHEn

That's two of us then :)

NickyEng and Tom Orrow L like this.
  10. Tom Orrow L

I've never got to use the GYS 220 on Ali but ever since Jim said it was better than an EWM Tetrix 230 AC quality wise I've been dying to get around to giving it a go!

NickyEng likes this.
  11. eSCHEn

I know man, high praise indeed comparing against an EWM.

The white boxes are more industrial than the yellow ones aren't they?

Tom Orrow L and NickyEng like this.
  12. NickyEng

Yeah the white one has a an industrial rating hence the much more manly duty cycle

eSCHEn likes this.
  13. eSCHEn

Hey Tom, what do these units come with in terms of torches and leads? Is the supplied pedal any good?

14. Does warranty on these cover them for industrial use? Guess that doesnt really matter if you are a home user, but think its quite important if machine has to help someone earn a living?

15. langy

langy langys rodshop

Many years ago I started out with GYS 160HF and it was a brilliant little machine and was for many years

NickyEng likes this.
  16. NickyEng

Can I just say that both GYS and WSD (Tom's place) are superb. If you had a problem it would be sorted out with the greatest efficiency. My GYS panel was damaged in transit. Tom phoned them on my behalf, their engineer called me and discussed the problem. I said I was happy to install the new panel etc to save sending the machine back. Next day new panel arrived, fitted shortly after. What more do you need?

Ref the foot pedal, I dont use one as I work in the field so use a Parweld progrip with torch switch, soldered up the plug Tom sent and time to play with the new toy...

eSCHEn and daleyd like this.
  17. Tom Orrow L

Torch, regulator and Earth is supplied within the price, it's a Binzel TIG torch which are real nice.
    The pedals are of a decent quality but I reckon if you can get an SSC I'd prefer one of those.

You can get all sorts of different trolleys for it too, depending on the set up you want.

eSCHEn likes this.
  18. Tom Orrow L

Cheers for that one matey :)

NickyEng likes this.
  19. NickyEng

Tom think you just diddled yourself lol... or it that a new deal as I just got a bare machine pal which is fine for me as I had a Torch anyway

20. Tom Orrow L

Did you? Maybe I'm talking a load of rubbish then, I'll have to check whether torch and regulator is included. It usually says in the description on the site :P

Advertisements