Girlfriends kit car

1. Till Member

Kent
    I'm a bit of a classic car nut and haven't really owned new cars,in fact i pretty much have had only tax exempt cars. When i met my girlfriend she told me she didn't like old cars and certainly not not VW's which i'm into then i found out her favourite car was a kitcar based on a VW beetle chassis,Bingo! Here are some pics of the resto of her Nova Kitcar.
    As it was when we bought it
    [​IMG]

Body off and a fair bit of rust.
    [​IMG]
    I ended up cutting most of the chassis away and starting again
    [​IMG]
    The car is gonna be off the road for a while so Rach had to use her broom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The floor had to be dropped 3" as the car is only about 4ft high so the roof hits your head
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Body is now back on and we've moved to a house with adouble garage and the project is on hold while we do the new house up a bit.Hopefully it'll be on the road this summer.
    [​IMG]

2. gavuk

gavuk artful-bodger

uk wiltshire
    put the house on hold,build the car.....:laughing:

3. MrFluffy Member

Heh nova owners unite, thats four now...
    i posted mine into the kitcar thread, midmounted v8 on a esprit chassis tho...
    Ive got a nice hewland/ford transaxle adaptor from when I had a beetle chassis still but when you get rid of the asthmatic flat four, you soon discover the other limitations in swing axle suspension hence all the esprit stuff ;)
    The later nova's had more headroom because of a slightly different roof I think.

Lovely job on the pan resto btw, thats the only way to go I reckon, body off, pans in the bin. The build manual says to put drop boxes on the seat areas to lower the stock pan for taller drivers.

4. dirtytorque Member

Berkshire UK
    yeah.lol.

can't wait to see your progress with this.

5. Alzax3

Alzax3 Member

Cornwall
    Excellent choice of car and colour too - but then I'm biased! :whistle: Hope you've joined Euro-Nova's forum too.....

6. JayRS4

JayRS4 Si vis pacum, para bellum

Ooooo, havent seen one of those before, certainly different, looks a bit like that thing from Clockwork Orange, A Prone maybe?.......

7. Two words - Impreza engine...

8. Alzax3

Alzax3 Member

Cornwall
    Think that was 'Probe' not 'Prone'! (though the driving position is pretty prone as the top of the roof is a mere 38" from the ground...... Impreza engine's been done, and they've got all sorts of things shovelled into the Australian version, the 'Eureka'.

9. Dusty Member

Medway,Kent,uk
    a Scoooby powered Nova, what a scary idea, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

10. JayRS4

JayRS4 Si vis pacum, para bellum

Alzax, your right obviously, i was thinking Probe, but then thought i was wrong and was thinking of the ugly Ford so said Pnone instead

11. Till Member

Kent
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    I joined the Nova club but haven't been on there for ages because i've been busy with other stuff. I bought a scooby adapter kit and an impreza lump to go in but decided to keep it aircooled mainly to get it finished quicker and keep the costs down.The girfriend doesn't care how fast it goes,she said she's going to drive everywhere slow so people can see her.:laughing:
    I stiffened up the chassis by running some 25x23 box section in the body to chassis bolt channel and have fitted some dune buggy front beam strenghtening bars as i would like to get a qiucker engine in there as i think it should go as quick as it looks. I've got a 2ltr camper engine that might go in i,you can see it on the bench in one of the photos.

Fitted some porsche 944 clocks and some new seats recently.
    [​IMG]

I think the Clockwork Orange car,the 'Durango 95' was a hillman imp based kit car???

12. Alzax3

Alzax3 Member

Cornwall
    I like the red trim on the seats, mine's decked out with red trim just about everywhere else!

13. spookyrooky Member

fife scotland
    typical VW floor pan/chassis :(

Advertisements