G'day to every one from Brisbane

1. ari oz New Member

My reson for being here:
    Know bugger all about welding.But since i have one uni craft 180 i will learn more from this forum.
    It has been in my garage for about 12 years,past down from father to son.
    Any way got some 0.9 gasless wire to fix my rusted trailer , my welding was stop start splater peed off.
    The wire was not feeding right , bit of google study i found that the wire feed roller is the wrong type.
    The old man used gas.
    I hoping some one will put me onto the wright type this welder. od 30mm id 10mm w 18mm this has a grub screw.
    I am not having much luck down here.
    Thats enough of my ranting.
    Happy Days Ari

fizzy, garethp and Morrisman like this.
  2. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

Hi mate :waving:
    We're just waking up in the north!
    The feel rollers usually have a size stamped on them 0.6 or 0.8mm for normal wire.
    Check the roller size and get some new wire in that fits. Find somewhere local for the gas bottles, get the bigger ones as the little tiny ones sold in Halfords (not sure what your high street car parts stores are called)
    don't last long and cost fortune.
    Gas welding is far cleaner than gasless.
    :thumbup:

3. ari oz New Member

Hi up there in north.
    Yes the roller is 0.6/0.8 for normal wire. The old man was a gas only welder, pacemaker stopped his welding career .
    Have used 0.8 gasless to test my ability .
    D size $200 , your bottle paid back when returned , Fill $100 .
    I am total noob to welding , hopping to find 0.6-0.9 knurled roller .
    Well you have cup tea being morning.
    I will have beer , broncos & rabbits are playing 8-0 to rabbitohs:doh:

4. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

I have no idea what those last few words meant! :laughing:

5. ari oz New Member

N R L The National Rugby League is Australia's top-level domestic men's rugby league club competition

[​IMG]
    ABC Brisbane
    @abcbrisbane

ยท
    9h
    South Sydney wins NRL grudge match to add to Brisbane Broncos' miserable season
    [​IMG]
    South Sydney wins NRL grudge match to add to Brisbane Broncos' miserable season
    Despite Wayne Bennett being absent from the coaches' box, the Rabbitohs post a comfortable 28-10 win over the struggling Broncos, while the Sea Eagles fall

dobbslc likes this.
  6. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Welcome aboard, Ari (from the even further North) :waving:

Seeing those pics, I thought Aussies didn't go in for all that cissy man-hugging....:scared: :D

7. ari oz New Member

Cheers,
    I see what you mean, the fella on the left seems he is left out .
    Next they are in skirts:o

8. Robbie260 Member

Welcome to the fourm. Theres a few ozzies on here now, admittedly one did abandon warmer climes for the chilly north of scotland, the same as my dad did he's a Queenslander and lived in Brisbane for a while.

As for your wire and gas problems bunnings might have what your looking for they are certainly closer to home depot in america than our b&q. It was a shame i didnt have more time too look round when i was last in ozz. Total tools and Sydney tools are other aussie tool vendors which might have what you need and be able to offer advice.

9. ari oz New Member

Cheers,
    It,s bit cool today westerly winds 20c > 10c .

I have been using gasless wire to teach my self the art...have not achieved the standard required yet, but it will happen one day.
    Having wire sliping problems , been trying to find a knurled roller no luck so far.
    Looks like i will be extra nice to the "Ministry of Finance" for a bottle of gas.
    Were not traveling much at all.Qld is good at the moment , state borders are closed not in the mood to go anywhere:drunk::padlock:
    How is life treating you up there in Highlands?
    Cheers

Robbie260 likes this.
  10. minimutly Member

Yeh, bin the gasless wire. Its 01:30 here in west wales, I'm off to bed. G'day!

11. wacky7791

wacky7791 Member

and a good day to you sir, from a yorkshireman living just south of brisneyland.

12. ari oz New Member

Yeh, bin the gasless wire. Its 01:30 here in west wales, I'm off to bed. G'day!

Good night ,
    I am having cold one for your night cap:sheep:
    Cheers

13. Robbie260 Member

Good thanks its apparently oddly warm weather just now but im not there.

Ah well we all have to be extra nice to the ministry of finance at yimes like these.

Advertisements