Gas leak between bottle regulator and snap-on fitting

1. boatwayupnorth Member

Norway
    Hi,
    I just recently got a Mig. Cheap and bad, but that's not the point here. I use a 5 kg bottle from Albee Air Liquide (https://industri.airliquide.no/gasslevering/gassflasker) with a built-in regulator and a snapon fitting that came with it. When I open the valve, gass is leaking out. actually that much that I not only can hear it, but feel.
    I attach two pics from the connection.
    As the fitting came with the bottle, I suppose it is the right one. Does anybody know if these things have a gasket that might be missing? 20191110_165209.jpg 20191110_165237 (2).jpg

2. hotponyshoes Member

I'm not sure if that is the right fitting?
    I think the albee have the same fitting as the hobbyweld ultra and the connector for that is in the photo below
    Fitting type is a EN561, is there anything written on your connector anywhere?
    20191110_163235.jpg 20191110_163240.jpg

boatwayupnorth likes this.
  3. boatwayupnorth Member

Norway
    Nope, just says Argon and Made in Italy . I'll look for something that says EN 561, thanks!

4. hotponyshoes Member

I would wait for somebody that actually has an albee bottle to chip in on this before spending any money!
    Might be worth asking the supplier of the bottle, I dont know about albee but with hobbyweld you get a coupling with a new cylinder. They do look on a list to see what one you need though so possible they have just given you the wrong one?

5. hotponyshoes Member

There is a number on your coupling, below the knurled part in the top photo.
    What does that say?

6. Air Liquide New Member

Hello boatwayupnorth,

Can you please contact us at custsvs.aluk@airliquide.com with your contact details, we will get in touch with you regarding this issue.

Thank you!

7. boatwayupnorth Member

Norway
    Hi Air Liquide, I did send you a PM, but have not heard back from you. Could you please reply?
    Cheers

8. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    well they DID say contact via the supplied email address...:rolleyes:

9. boatwayupnorth Member

Norway
    ... which is what I did ...

Advertisements