Garage Workshop Upgrade and Makeover

1. Wyliecoyote Member

Northern Ireland
    Who'd have thought that simply painting the garage floor would make such a difference?!

stuvy, Olderisbetter and 3000alloy like this.
  2. Carl Wilson Member

It makes a huge difference. I painted the floor in mine prior to moving the machinery in. Mine is also fully lined, being part of the house proper and painted out white. Makes a big difference to the light. Also electric roll up door which is insulated. It's like a fourth wall.

The paint I used was called Coovar, two pack stuff.

3. Morrisman

Morrisman Forum Supporter

Painting the walls white makes even more of a difference, like night and day.

Before I painted the floor it was perpetually dusty with cement dust, after the Wickes grey floor paint went down it was much easier to keep clean.

Olderisbetter likes this.
  4. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England

I went for cottage cream. Just hides some dirt.

barking mat and Olderisbetter like this.
  5. jsf55

jsf55 Forum Supporter

Stick a broom handle in the roller next time and save your knees ! I did mine green with free paint :rolleyes:

Ashley Burton and Morrisman like this.
  6. Olderisbetter

Olderisbetter Forum Supporter

We used masonry white in the garage as it reflects well and wipes down better.

barking mat likes this.
  7. minimutly Member

A few years ago I actually started painting the inside walls of my workshop/garage. Salimali, our 10 plus yr old Westie came in, looked at me, looked at the walls, 360 degrees, looked at me again and walked out.
    It made me think - yes, good ideaa, but so what?

mtt.tr and Olderisbetter like this.
  8. Morrisman

Nope. I got nothing. :confused:

9. minimutly Member

Well in my defence, I was drunk. We'd had a 'opposite street party', sat across the road to our neighbours on deckchairs.

I think the point was - we might think stuff is important - someone else might not.
    :vsad:

10. Melvyn Best Member

I used to steam clean my workshop floor, before Easter, then paint the floor Using a soft broom I would have the whole lot done in an hour , best part of 150 sq mts

11. Morrisman

But what’s important is what is important to us, or me. I rarely do things based on what others might think.

minimutly likes this.
Advertisements