Fronius transsteel 2200 tig torch

1. connorbrown New Member

Hi all, purchased a fronius transsteel 2200 about a year ago and set up working for myself at the time didnt have any need for the tig functions but its come up and i need to buy a torch but the cost of the bloody things are astrenomical any idea if theyre are aftermarket torches kicking about that i can still use torch buttons on dont like using foot pedal cheers.

2. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Parweld will make most anything torch wise. If you want I can ask them for a custom part number for the torch.

3. chris pruteanu Member

You can still repair yours...

4. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

If you want a cheapish torch get a Parweld.

If you want something real decent get a CK.

Tom Orrow L and 123hotchef like this.
  5. Richard.

Richard. Member

I don’t think it’s that simple mate.
    Fronius are beggas for forcing you into their own torches. The mig torch as I’m sure you’ll see is a funky design not a standard euro connection and iirc the tig torch is a strange gas through dinse design with an o ring part way up. You can get by with using the fronius adapter to fit generic torches but it costs a fortune as well so you end up spending the same amount anyway. I’m sure it’s a really decent machine but they have got you by the short and curlys with the torches and consumables.

Brad93 likes this.
  6. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

Fronius always did like screwing customers when it came to torches and consumables.
    As said, speak to Parweld, they have the most comprehensive range of adaptors and their prices don’t make the ring sting.

Tom Orrow L and Brad93 like this.
  7. connorbrown New Member

yeah thatd be spot on if you could pal

8. Tom Orrow L

Part number is PRO26-12S1TGC-TG58, thats for a WP26 PRO GRIP MAX 4M with a standard switch.
    Price is around £147.50 ex VAT and would probably take them around 2-3 days to make.

*MODS - Just delete this if the price is inappropriate, cheers*

Richard. likes this.
  9. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    Tom, just to clarify, is that a torch made up with direct fit connections to the Fronius?

If so, that's really, really decent. I kinda like those pro grip torches, as long as they have the short neck on them.

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  10. Tom Orrow L

I believe so yes, if im honest it'll probably be the long purple neck as standard but you ould specify the short black type.

Munkul likes this.
Advertisements