Foot pedal for xtt202p

1. BrianCork

BrianCork Member

hi all, quick question here regarding foot pedals.

Have been doing alu more frequently lately and have decided a foot pedal would definitely speed things up and make the machine more user friendly. Just wondering am I limited to the parweld pedal or would a cheapo stahlwerk one also do? From what I can see the connections are the same, or am I mistaken? Would prefer not to splash out on the parweld pedal as realistically I don’t do too much ally work, but recently I’ve had loads of small jobs come in and figured it might be helpful to get a cheapo pedal for these jobs.
    I know absolutely zilch about foot pedals, so any advice at all is more than welcome!!

Cheers guys,
    Brian.

2. Bladevane

Bladevane Member

Brian, I attach a scan of the XTI-902T pedal suitable for the XTT202P machine. Hope it helps.

• Attached Files:

Scan053.pdf
      File size:
      204.8 KB
      Views:
    BrianCork likes this.
  3. AndersK Member

The Stahlwerks I've seen have a 5 or 7 pole connector but the XTT have a 14 pole (AMP CPC).
    Don't know if the pot is compatible.

Don't know the cost of stahlwerk pedal but a Parweld is about 145£, way cheaper than many others.

4. chris pruteanu Member

The parweld pedal is rubbish, buy a SCC pedal if you can...

5. BrianCork

BrianCork Member

Cheers for the replies guys, seems there’s more to pedals than I thought. Mainly do heavy agricultural work so rarely use tig apart from some stainless work.
    I got a price locally for a parweld pedal that was considerably more than that, maybe I should have had a look online first

From looking around here the general consensus seems to be just go and buy a decent pedal, thinking that’s probably what I’ll do!

6. BrianCork

BrianCork Member

Thanks very much for that Bladevane, I’ll have a look through that!

7. AndersK Member

Rubbish in what way?
    I never used a SSC so can't tell the difference.

8. AndersK Member

By the way, it's the 902 D you need for the 202.

The 902 T was for the older analogue 201.
    I think it's only the plug that is different though.

9. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Pedals vary so much in quality
    Cheap pedals are awful. Notchy travel and slippy cheap pots make them a real chore to use when you the precision of a few amps under your foot.
    As said above the ssc pedal is one of the nicest things Money can buy. Low centre of gravity, smooth as silk and a positive feel under compression and retraction. Rtech, parweld and thermal arc have all adopted the ssc pedal now as there premium option and I can tell you now it’s worth paying a few quid extra for it over the cheap rubbish.

10. AndersK Member

Yeah, my impression of the parweld it is not rubbish. High end brand pedals ive used to compare with are Selco, ESAB and Fronius.
    Never used any of those 50€ pedals neither.

11. Bladevane

Bladevane Member

I'm no pedal expert, but the XTI902D Parweld pedal has the feel of all the things Richard. mentions above. It's dangerous to group all products from a manufacturer together and assume an impression form one item covers them all.

AndersK likes this.
  12. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

I’ll be totally honest I’ve used the parweld pedal with the pot on the side and it’s not too bad. It does a decent job of giving you control and it’s fairly comfortable to use.
    I don’t rate the rtech ones and the tech arc copies are pretty rubbish Too.

AndersK likes this.
  13. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

I have to agree with Richard, tecarc pedal I had for my old machine was awful, the ssc is a pleasure to use, and a quality piece of kit

14. andymdavey82

andymdavey82 Member

+1 for SSC pedals here, we like them a lot. They're very reliable and they go out on most of our TIG packages.

15. ukracer Forum Supporter

Rtech seem to have th3 ssc listed for lots of machines at 159 plus vat. Now i dont like spending money but it sounds like that would be money well spent.

16. JLP

JLP Member

Can anyone confirm the model of ssc pedal that works with this weld set?

17. anto44

anto44 Member

I got the parweld pedal with my 202p and it's ok, not the nicest pedal but I find it reasonably smooth in use. My main gripe with it is the height of it, it's fairly tall and that can be annoying sometimes, especially if sitting under a low bench.

JLP likes this.
  18. gt6s Member

Stahlwerk pedal works on XTT202. Costly plug tho.

19. AndySV1K Member

I've got a pedal with my XTT202p. I'm pretty sure it's the Parweld pedal. It's okay but nothing to write home about. It works absolutely fine apart from one respect that I find difficult and that's rolling off the amps at the end of a weld. It seems to roll off just a little and then shut off. No where near as smooth as a programmed down slope using just a button trigger.

gt6s likes this.
  20. AndersK Member

How low does the XTT go with pedal connected?

The XTI202 didn't go below 10A, at their best.
    Probably why a better brand feels so much better when ramping down on thin sheet.

Advertisements