Few things at Lidl

1. Carl Wilson Member

Noticed a few good offers at Lidl starting tomorrow.

A wet and dry vacuum cleaner for £70.

250 cable ties for £1.99

Spray grease for £2.49.

Thread lock same as above.

I'm going down to my local Lidl tomorrow to get a lifetime supply of certain items.

magnet, Ratty, MBB and 4 others like this.
  2. MBB Forum Supporter

I bought some 25watt led lights from lidl for spaces with high humidity. £12 99 very bright very pleased with them.

3. Carl Wilson Member

I think the wet and dry vacuum will be a good workshop vacuum. Also, I can't think of another place I could get 1000 tie wraps for less than 8 pounds. And if I get 4 cans of spray grease and 4 Loctites they'll be able to Loctite the screws and grease the hinges on my coffin with them.

slim_boy_fat and normspanners like this.
  4. normspanners Member

northwales
    Most of my cable ties come from aldi or lidl they even do reusable ones.

5. normspanners Member

northwales
    I have bought 2 of the separate 20V batteries @ £11 I am thinking of taking the cells and rebuilding my makita battery coz you cant buy decent 18650 cells for that price.

123hotchef and Ruffian like this.
  6. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Aye, it is. I've had one in the shed for years. Copes with grinder dust, sawdust and wood shavings, lathe swarf, fly-laden spider webs etc no problem. Can't recall ever needing to try the wet side of things, but I see no reason why it wouldn't cope. :thumbup:

7. Carl Wilson Member

My thoughts on the wet and dry vacuum:-

Up to now I've used non soluble oil in my lathe suds tank (Ilocut 486). I'm seriously considering going over to soluble for the lathe and the mill. So I could use the wet side of the vacuum to clean out the tanks when that was necessary .

slim_boy_fat and Hopefuldave like this.
  8. Carl Wilson Member

My mistake, tie wraps and workshop consumables not on sale while Sunday.

9. colnerov

colnerov Member

Hi, I checked online this morning and the vac is not on until Sunday but there was a power washer on for £40 so I went in today and availed myself of it.

Colin

10. R-D-R Forum Supporter

Wet/Dry vacs in the garage are like air lines - you don't realise how much you need it until you have one. Must admit I have a bit of a vac obsession in my garage. A Henry for car care, Charles for wet stuff (handles drains, shampoo, floods, oil - everything), dewalt cordless and then finally the MAIN vac used for general crud, dust, floor cleaning, tool extraction of any type and swarf collection a Festool VAC which is without doubt the best vacuum I have ever used performance wise.

For the price the Lidl would make a worthy addition to any garage.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    slim_boy_fat likes this.
  11. Carl Wilson Member

Yes I think I'm definitely going to get one of those vacs. A few years ago I machined a backplate for a collet chuck. What a pain that was. I tried to use a standard vacuum cleaner right next to the tool to extract the cast iron swarf. It was like urinating on a forest fire.

I've now got a Wolf branded Ash vacuum which takes swarf etc off the machines. I think the wet and dry for £70 is too good to pass up.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  12. Carl Wilson Member

Today's Lidl haul. 2000 tie wraps, 4 cans of spray grease and 2 each nut and washer kits.

DSC_1489.JPG DSC_1490.JPG

slim_boy_fat and MattF like this.
  13. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

^^ Wot? No vac? :whistle: :D

14. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Forum Supporter

How much were the box of nuts & washers?

£70 for a Vac sounds expensive, Bought a 20L one from wickes for £35

15. 123hotchef Member

nuts bolts and washers always seem expensive from lidl u pay for the box

16. MattF

MattF Forum Supporter

It's quite a size bigger than the Wickes one. Plus it has a 3 year warranty.

123hotchef likes this.
  17. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Personally I would buy a secondhand Numatic over a new 3yr warranty Lidl wet vac. If you want a hoover that can handle every bit of abuse you throw at it then Numatic is the way forward, made in the UK and all parts readily available, even individual parts on the hose. I'm pretty sure you could forget to turn one off and go on holiday and it would still be merrily singing away when you got back.There is good reason why almost every single cleaning company use them.

Mikey D, postie jon, jerrytug and 3 others like this.
  18. Carl Wilson Member

£2.99 for the nuts and washers. Didn't get the vac as couldn't full justify it. The £30 Wolf ash vacuum I have is more than adequate for my needs.

I understand the argument for Numatic vacuum cleaners. If I had bought the Lidl one I am confident it would have been more than up to the task it would have faced - cleaning a bit of swarf off a few machines in a hobby workshop and the occasional spot of drain work. By occasional I mean once in a blue moon.

Buying something like a Numatic for my present needs would be akin to getting a combine harvester to mow my lawn.

The Lidl stuff is often cheap but in my experience by no means nasty. Perfectly adequate for the use I give it. Moreover it is almost always German made.

normspanners and slim_boy_fat like this.
  19. MattF

MattF Forum Supporter

We have one here, (the Lidl vac), and it's survived the wife for well over a year, so they seem reliable/sturdy enough. She kills vacuums like they're going out of fashion.

20. Carl Wilson Member

So does mine. Treats them with the contempt she believes they deserve.

Advertisements