Esab warrior tech welding helmet.

1. powderblast Member

Hi All i bought the esab warrior tech helmet a few weeks ago and it is super sensitive, my shed is lighted by fluorescent strip lights and the problem i have is soon as it detects the light it darkens instantly regardless of the sensitivity been adjusted this means that the helmet is practically always in dark mode must be to do with how close the lights are to the helmet does anyone else have this problem also i find that i get more light coming from my chin area than my old one this is causing me to have sore eyes doesn't matter about adjusting it i have eliminated this by clipping a bib onto the bottom but its a pain.

I think this helmet just is not for me so i think im gonna have to get a different one, i have been looking and you can get helmets were they only darken by the arc not the light.

Any ideas or thoughts

2. Arclikeharrypotter Member

I had the same 'issue' regards lighting in the garage. Depending on what lighting you have depends whether it will set of. As for light under the chin was never really an issue. You could always attach a little bit of leather to the chin area of the mask.

3. powderblast Member

yeah thats what i have done a wash leather its done the trick but its a pain when you lift the lid up im getting my friends to try its a space view i think, if that one does not do it i will take mine back and see if they can sort something out?

my cheapo Chinese ebay jobby was perfect no issues just when i needed to replace the lenses so i thought i will buy a helmet were i can get the lenses from plus be an upgrade errm no its not

problem is it isnt as if you can go try aload on a pick the best for you

4. powderblast Member

tried the space view seem a good helmet reacts different to mine so went and got mine checked and it was faulty so on the hunt for another one now

5. bigfellayork

bigfellayork Member

Was it your esab that they said was faulty?
    I’m of the opinion that it’s very sensitive to flouro lights. Mine certainly is and a few others have said similar. I could be wrong though would explain why it’s at minimum setting and still darkening very easily in flouro lights

6. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yes you can. I only know of 2 but there could be more.
    Basically the helmet is triggered by the magnetic field generated by welding.
    The ones I know about are the Esab aristo HD and the miller digital elite/infinity.
    It is an outstanding feature I must say because sun light and shop lights don’t knock your mask off. It also means if your welding where the sensors are blocked from the arc you’ll still get activation of the mask because it doesn’t need the light to trigger it.
    I have a digital infinity and this mode is called Xmode. I only ever have it set in this now.
    One thing to bear in mind. They are not warrior priced.

Brad93 likes this.
  7. powderblast Member

i tried the esab and the space view looking at the sun and the esab never darkened however the space view darkened also when looking at the fluorescent lights the esab regardless of adjusting darkened instantly upon seeing them were as the space view i adjusted the sensitivity and there was no issues it was perfect plus the large viewing area is better, took it back to engweld and he wrote it off as faulty and he tested it and agreed with me as he was trying it in the shop lights

8. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

There’s a thread on here about a space view being faulty so beware.

I’ve never had a problem with the warrior and fluorescent lights.

Richard. likes this.
  9. bigfellayork

bigfellayork Member

Interesting.
    It was the first thing I noticed after popping it on. Turning settings down to an absolute minimum still turns it dark as soon as it’s facing direction of lights. Now I’m used to it it’s not as annoying but the helmet does get flipped up more because it. Which is frustrating at times.

10. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I’ll have a test with mine later

11. powderblast Member

Hi i sent the space view back they are really poor helmets, so i spoke to tom at welding supplies and i bought the miller digital infinity black ops helmet because of the x mode i think thats a really good feature one that the esab a50 did not have the a50 is the one i wanted but i think the miller is a better helmet.

• 271333_infinity_blackops_rf.jpg
  12. Richard.

Richard. Member

The miller is good I wouldn’t say it’s better than the a50. They both have there own things going on.
    The miller has a huge adf with xmode the sentinel has clearer optics and a lighter off state. The miller can be adjusted with a glove but the a50 is way better balanced and lighter on your head. I’d struggle to pick a favourite. If I was doing 8 hours a day welding it would be sentinel hands down as it’s a lot more comfortable and balanced.

13. powderblast Member

i like the look of the a50 but the shell is very flexible when you press the grind button it pushes the shell in i really do like the x mode feature it sounds like a good feature to have, were as the a50 does not have it has more basic features also the miller screen is alot larger and the lenses are cheaper to buy also i watched a youtube compare it was the miller, a50, speedglass and another brand and he seemed to have more to say about the miller than the a50 thats also what swung me to the miller i would of loved to of compared the two (in hand) but there is no shop in hull that has them so i have to buy them online.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  14. powderblast Member

hi i got the miller infinity and its way to heavy on the front it feels like its pulling you forward im thinking of the a50 is that one lighter feeling on the head because i think there is only something like 10gram difference thats it plus the miller was bulky feeling when wearing whats the esab like in comparison.:thumbup:

15. Richard.

Richard. Member

The Esab is brilliant in this respect
    The weight is shifted directly above your head when you lift it up.
    It’s not lighter than the miller but it’s alot more balanced and not trying to pull against your neck.
    I use my infinity for 30 mins -1 hour at a time at home so it’s spot on but if I was doing any production work it would be no good for the reasons you say.

16. powderblast Member

how sensitive is the esab i had the warrior and i took it back because as soon as it saw any light florescent ect it would darken instantly even on the lowest setting this was a pain the miller didnt do this but again was not a comfortably helmet hated the pulling on the neck feeling

17. Richard.

Richard. Member

You’ll have to try one out mate.
    I can’t say whether it will or won’t fit in with you and your work shop.

18. powderblast Member

ok mate thanks for your advice :thumbup:

19. powderblast Member

hey got one of them a50s and it feels great on the head the best i have felt seems ok with the lighting i have to turn the sensitivity down though your are right the weight is more even on the head

Advertisements