Ebay again.

1. decca

decca Forum Supporter

I bought a desk from a seller on Ebay and it arrived with 2 faults. I contacted the seller and he didn’t respond so I started a return request. This prompted a response of an offer of £10 refund as compensation. I accepted this as the faults are easily rectified.
    I got the following message today from him

“Could you turn off the return request first, our account has been locked and money has been hold on due to the return request so that we are unable to issue a partial refund.

Please contact us after you close the return request.”

If I cancel the request Ebay help says I cannot start another dispute. I have in the back of my mind some doubts about this seller, is it normal for Ebay to lock a sellers account because of a returns request.

2. snoozer

snoozer Member

Load of crap, I had similar with a 3d printer and left the dispute open until I had a full refund despite the seller asking me to close it first, There trying it on !!
    They can partially refund you from their paypal account under the transaction between yourselves.

slim_boy_fat, Parm and decca like this.
  3. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

Possibly true. You could try a refund from Paypal though.

4. Yes, the idea is to remove your capability to return it etc.

decca likes this.
  5. Greg05 Member

as has been said, its aload of crap from the seller. stay put and hold out till you get your refund

6. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

once he refunds you agreed amount it will clear on his end dont do anything let them do the leg work

gordon stephenson likes this.
  7. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

The item is "Not fit for purpose" you require a placement item in good condition or "A full refund". I purchased a 3 phase inverter that died when it was switched on, it let the magic smoke out.

It took several emails/private messages via Ebay, but I did get a full refund, don't close the dispute until you have your money back or a replacement item.

If Ebay has locked his account there must be others complaining about his items.

Hopefuldave, stuvy, snoozer and 2 others like this.
  8. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Been there done that so many times with fleabay....and sadly it seems to be getting worse.

Bought an item 3 weeks ago....never arrived....usual saga of opening a case....waiting for weeks etc etc etc. Have 1 return also open....arrived broken....endless emails and photos etc etc!

Biggest no-no on fleabay is buying multiple items at the same time from the same seller....1 arrives and then the seller swears they sent 2 as ordered!....now I just buy each item 1 at a time....tedious I know!

decca likes this.
  9. snoozer

snoozer Member

I'll remember that tip :thumbup:

Advertisements