dust mask or full face mask for glasses wearer

1. gaz1

gaz1 Member

looking for a good simple dust mask or full face mask for a glasses wearer that dosnt get in the way of my glasses

@optima21 i know you wear glasses I think

I know you have one but cant remember what you had and im also asking what its like with it with glasses on do yours steam up when in use

had enough of steaming up with cheap masks that just let the hot breath up towards your glasses lenses steaming them up I need something better

its the same with wearing googles and a mask glasses always steam up under the the googles then cant see a thing

optima21 likes this.
  2. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Screenshot_20190731-200841.png

If your glasses steam up with this you need to tighten the straps for a better seal.

Turbo likes this.
  3. Anguz

Anguz Forum Supporter

bedfordshire
    i use a draeger full face.... you can get an internal frame to hold prescription lenses... that way there is nothing to compromise the face seal
    depends how long you wear it for, but can be a pain looking after your other glasses

Parm likes this.
  4. gaz1

gaz1 Member

its not for glasses wearers exclusive too high on nose piece wont be able to fit glasses on nose as would be too high to wear them

5. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Let me check the 3m I have in the van
    Doesn't foul my glasses.

slim_boy_fat and gaz1 like this.
  6. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Like here. Sits low enough down the nose for the glasses to sit.
    Wait one. Il pop out. Think it's still in the van. Screenshot_20190731-204457.png Screenshot_20190731-204457.png

7. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

3m 6800
    Proof.
    IMG_20190731_205214.jpg

• IMG_20190731_205128.jpg
    8ob, Turbo, slim_boy_fat and 3 others like this.
  8. Anguz

Anguz Forum Supporter

bedfordshire
    with glasses you wont be getting a propper face seal... if you block the filter inlets with your hands can you breathe in and pull a vacuum?

9. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Yes. The vacuum is formed around the mouth and nose piece not the whole facemask
    Secondary seal around the face doesn't effect the filters

Anguz likes this.
  10. optima21 Forum Supporter

gaz1 likes this.
  11. henry Kadzielski Member

Good evening gents. I have to 'P200' Sunstrom I think that's what it is called. Very similar to the 3M around the face, however the filters or better filter comes directly out from middle of where the '3M' logo is on the above face mask. There is a choice of filter types for all applications, I have had mine for over 15years and had changed the visor plastic screens in them several times, due to scratching. Overall they work and yes I can use glasses with them on

12. gaz1

gaz1 Member

13. henry Kadzielski Member

Sorry @gaz1 it is a SR200 sunstrom. After about 15 years I do forget some things, no wait that is 15minutes:scared:

bletchmonster, 8ob, Turbo and 2 others like this.
  14. gaz1

gaz1 Member

15. gaz1

gaz1 Member

i bought optima21 small to medium i found on ebay for 23.50

i cant find any small to medium on exclusives version

so optimas and a face shield will have to do instead

16. Anguz

Anguz Forum Supporter

bedfordshire
    dont like to disagree, but if yours is identical to the 3m picture that you posted, the air is drawn through the filters, up past the visor, to keep it clear, then into the inner mask through the valves either side of the inner mask....the inner is only there to direct the moist exhaled air out the exhaust valve, and away from the visor, so it does not mist.... with glasses on there is a good chance the outer seal is compromised , and some of the air is bypassing the filter...
    i wear ba, and masks at work, and have to have a faceseal test ever so often....
    even stubble can be a problem

17. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

By all means do disagree.
    Just checked and your correct.
    In which case I get a good deal even with glasses.
    My old resp was sealed around mouth and nose

Anguz likes this.
  18. MaxH Member

gaz1 likes this.
  19. gaz1

gaz1 Member

ordered and paid for the mask late last nitgh it was dispatched and had arrived at house the next morning

surprisingly quick

ordered a small one from here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GVS-Filter-Technology-SPR299-Elipse-P3-Dust-Half-Mask-Respirator-Filters-Rea/362227497800?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=9c81942cb440431683ceca7a119e68d3&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&sd=362227497800&itm=362227497800&pg=2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:d50cd000-b3e5-11e9-8aa9-74dbd18094ff|parentrq:4a3bd73616c0a4b7b6acfb85ffec7bf8|iid:1

already tested and tried out feels nice on face no air escaping towards the eyes nice and snug fit onto face nose and chin

breathing is easier through it feels cool when you suck air in and breath out to a degree

20. gaz1

gaz1 Member

as above tried it on a few things now no steaming up of glasses at all the main thing

breathing is really easy through the mask weather grinding with metal or grinding dusty references

you can also use it with a bit of facial hair as well but is better to have none for a better seal against your face

Anguz likes this.
Advertisements