Dual shield WOW

1. Dutch Welder Member

I bought a roll of 1.2mm dual shield Bohler Ti52 wire and had a project today where it could be pretty good. Had to weld a bunch of 10mm plates to other 10mm plates that had holes drilled/tapped for some large casters. I put a chamfer on the upright plates and the stengthening/webbing plates.

After seeing my Binzel 401 uses M8 threaded tips I had to buy some M8/1.2mm tips I set about welding the plates. Has some massive wormtracks in the welds, but also the arc was WAY hot.
    Turned the welder down quite a bit and the stuff welds beautifully, with great penetration.
    The slag just peels of
    For anybody thinking about starting to use dual shield I would advise giving it a try , but I would also advise in some method of fume extraction as well.

2. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Requires a lot less voltage than solid wire as the resistance is a lot less.

The filled core is also electrically conductive.

Deposition is higher, as burn off rate is so much higher.

Gas tracks are from excess voltage or too short a contact tip to work distance. CTTWD should be 15-25mm

3. Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal Member

Get your setting dialed in and other parameters good, ie gas flow rates and as Brad mentiine above stickout length, and theyre definitely the way forward for thick sections i think.
    Took a bit of getting used to though imho, one thing being the speed of it, especially positionally.
    Dont do a lot of fluxcore really where i working now.... most of the heavier stuff is stick welded with iron powders, or low hy's. The firm is only just making its way out of the dark ages lol

Advertisements