DIY clamp project..

1. Noods

Noods Member

Made some of these clamps for my workbench the other day.. Easily made and surprisingly versatile..

Hope you like...

decca, doubleboost, optima21 and 6 others like this.
  2. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@Noods Nice one(s) :thumbup: The 'adjust-ability' is [very loosely] similar in principle to the original tool holder on a Myford. I sold one on eBay recently.

[​IMG]

Noods likes this.
  3. Noods

Noods Member

My that’s a bit special, and nice... x

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

That's a Google pic just to show the design, here's the one I sold

IMG_20181013_152735.jpg

I still have one which came with my first lathe, (an R & A) but it didn't find a buyer. The word 'Myford' seems to almost guarantee a sale on bits.

IMG_20181013_152836.jpg

Noods likes this.
  5. DAPPH

DAPPH Member

Near to Cross Hands Llanelli SouthWales GB
    Tappet rocker arms with a centre adjuster post hole removed from big diesel engines can also make good clamps as do some types of Y shaped diesel injector holding down clamps.
    In the next day or so I'll put up a picture of the clamps I've made for my drill p
    ress out of a bit of a small off cut of H section girder, they will also fit my lathe tool post and lathe face plate .

I have several different length of threaded studding bar so I can use my scrap girder clamps to clamp low through to nine inches in height . have also cut a set of steps in 20 mm thick Delrin in 20 mm or so steps to allow the back end to be supported .

Noods and slim_boy_fat like this.
Advertisements