Diesel Heater

1. martin62 Forum Supporter

I just thought I would post this if anyone is interested. Last week while working on the Startrie Bandsaw I got really cold so I ordered one of the Chinese Diesel heater from Aliexpress but found a supplier based in the Check Republic at a good price 108 euro delivered. Ordered on Tue 12th and delivered on Tue 19th and no worry about Customs. Got it working today just have to put the exhaust out the wall.

Renoster 8KW 8000W Air diesel Heater Parking Air Car heater 12V Air Diesel Heating PLANAR Parking Heating Car Camper Van Boat

[Transaction Screenshot]

€ 102,53 X1

Product properties: Czech Republic

Open Dispute Awaiting delivery
    Your order will be closed in: 15 days 5 hours 13 minutes

• 20191119_111333.jpg
    • 20191119_111238.jpg
    123hotchef likes this.
  2. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

I'm interested in one of these for my garage instead of piping central heating in there, hoping you do a review of it.

123hotchef likes this.
  3. jimbo84 Member

Looks like they've been getting a fair few hits as they've upped the price.

4. martin62 Forum Supporter

Yes but with Black Friday on the way it shows 110 euro so with exchange rate less than £100 and you get in one week.

slim_boy_fat, Hopefuldave and jimbo84 like this.
  5. chrisg3103

chrisg3103 Forum Supporter

20190504_152557.jpg
    I have the 5kw one set up and it's great this time of year, or any time. Got a very damp cold garage, run off of a 12v power supply and run on kerosene.
    Can heat it up from about 5 to 18 degrees in about an hour and a half then ticks over, I'd recommend one

6. 123hotchef Member

will these run on veg oil? or a mix of veg oil and derv

7. Hopefuldave Intergalactic pot-mender

Or even waste motor oil and...?

Dave H. (the other one)

123hotchef likes this.
  8. 123hotchef Member

oh yeh I have plenty of that diff oil gear box oil all good but will this heater run ok on it

9. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    Found this interesting review

10. bigegg

bigegg I drink and I know things. Its what I do.

according to the facebook group:
    no.
    it wont run on veg oil, or waste oil.
    it will run on (red) diesel, kero, paraffin or heating oil - anything else will mean you'll spend more time cleaning it than running it.

i run mine on red diesel. 15l lasts about 6-8 15hr days. for about ten quid?

11. 123hotchef Member

hum I best dig out my old gas heater for now

bigegg likes this.
  12. chrisg3103

Mine failed to fire the other week, bit odd, been fine for about a year. Cleaned it out :laughing:
    20191107_172326.jpg 20191107_172305.jpg
    It was running a silencer and I think it got blocked, built up back to the combustion chamber. First time in a year its given me grief though, now running a straight through to outside

123hotchef likes this.
  13. 123hotchef Member

is that just soot and carbon?
    I should really make a waste oil heater instead

14. jerrytug

jerrytug Forum Supporter

Sorry to be a pedantic pest but what fuel are you referring to, when you say 'kero'? I thought 'kerosene' was a foreign word for what Brits call paraffin, eg Esso Blue type stuff. (Which these heaters run on very well)
    (Unless you meant jet fuel which also works very well if you can get any, as it is basically paraffin.)

123hotchef likes this.
  15. chrisg3103

Very soft soot, like anything if the exhaust gets blocked it's nowhere to go.
    When I get my fuel I ask for kerosene, line says kerosene and the guy filling the Jerry can calls it kerro :dontknow:

bigegg and 123hotchef like this.
  16. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

Kerosene, also known as paraffin, lamp oil, and coal oil (an obsolete term), is a combustible hydrocarbon liquid which is derived from petroleum. It is widely used as a fuel in aviation as well as households.

jerrytug and 123hotchef like this.
  17. 123hotchef Member

i remember the petrol station used to have small paraffin filling pumps in them dont see them around here now days

SteScouse, Lazurus and slim_boy_fat like this.
  18. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Paraffin price(s) seem to have shot up recently - £9.99 locally for 4ltrs locally, but this seems about right for eBay prices where you have to add p & p. Luckily, I now have a source for heating oil for £4 for twice the amount. ;)

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

19. bigegg

bigegg I drink and I know things. Its what I do.

i have no idea.
    some places sell it as kero(sene), some as paraffin.
    all i know is that whatever it is, they both work.
    :thumbup:

costs about £2 a litre, tho, either way.

jerrytug and slim_boy_fat like this.
  20. chrisg3103

For a cheap indirect fired heater they are great, I have a draper topedo type space heater and it belted out the heat, but also moisture and fumes...
    Now it's just dry hot clean air, at the moment it's running in recirculating mode (unplugged supply hose so drawing from the garage) but have drilled through to the outside so can draw in fresh air

Advertisements