Cyrtigan bantam 180

1. Liam567 Member

Hey guys I'm wondering what the crytigan bantam welder is like with the battery charger

2. brightspark

brightspark Member

brilliant oilcooled welder if u can get one that works at a good price made by pickhill . had mine donkeys years and wouldn't part with it it would be one of the last things to go if I had to sell stuff

gordon stephenson and Parm like this.
  3. Liam567 Member

It's working perfectly . I'm planning on buying it should I get a pat test done on it or is there any need . Ontill I feel a tingle in my hand while changing amps:o

4. brightspark

brightspark Member

just make sure the mains lead is in good nick and its properly earthed and hasn't come adrift .an insulation test wouldn't go amiss

5. Liam567 Member

I'll do that generaly they don't give trouble . I know there getting oil now . But it goes to show how well there built . Pity they don't make them anymore

6. brightspark

brightspark Member

mig and inverter welders have killed them off :(im old school stick and gas welding :) I have had a go of a mig easy to master and quick but have no need of It

7. Liam567 Member

I'd like to see an inverter in 40 years time . I wonder if pickhill started making them again how many would buy them . I'd be first at the door. I had a decent mig but sold it I never liked it. IV an o.a set up for welding and brazing

Parm and brightspark like this.
  8. Liam567 Member

An other thing I prefer is arc welding on AC maybe I'm odd but I prefer it to DC especially welding on old magnetised steel where ya would get arc blow with dc

Advertisements