Colchester Student roundy

1. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

is there any interest in a roundhead student, I have just been to see a mate who is closing down his truck repair business and he has an old roundhead student, as do I, he wants to sell it and I would like the splashback and maybe the 3 phase motor, I would then have the single phase motor mine is running on so could offer, in the correct forum the lathe for sale, problem is that if it did not sell I would have a very expensive splashback! and a very large boat anchor, my 1954 student has a gearbox this one does not, tried looking on Lathes uk but did not find out why, just a different version or older?

I will go back on Thursday, when returning from Lidl, and check to see if it has some or all of the change wheels and look for the bed gap, it is in the usual tired, dusty, but working condition,

2. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

I would be interested in any l0 backplate and steadies, depending on price

3. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

Be interested in the lot, depending on condition.

4. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

no steadies spotted today but there is a large faceplate and a std (worn) chuck fitted, there was a dog drive with LO centre but I blagged that for my lathe today,

condition is hard to judge, it will be worn but working, I will do my best to assess it, an idea of value would be appreciated, I did take a picture but it was so out of focus I should have deleted it, 20200211_115405_resized.jpg 20200211_115417_resized.jpg 20200211_115350_resized.jpg

5. daedalusminos Member

Looks like you got pretty excited taking those photos :laughing:

Seadog, Brad93 and slim_boy_fat like this.
  6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I think I’ve seen better photos of UFOs.

Brummie, skotl and mtt.tr like this.
  7. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

two out of three ain't bad, ok going back Thursday to take some more...….

Brad93 likes this.
  8. steviec_lj

Wanting this little lot at least..

71326F43-8390-4542-9C6D-AC6CA1FFBAAD.jpeg

jordhandson likes this.
  9. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

you have the left side wheel, well 1/2 a wheel so a non gap bed? if I learnt anything from lathes.co.uk

10. jordhandson Member

Did it fall over or something

11. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

ok, going back tomorrow to try to do a deal, he found the change wheels in the cabinet so that is a big plus, I want the splashback for my own student and maybe the three phase motor BUT I do think I have found my original so may not need that and if I do need it my single phase motor will be spare, so it is a tired, working round head Student with original 7" chuck and a large faceplate plus change wheels, single and or three phase motor, no splashback, what do you think I should try to get it for, bearing in mind he is a tight g1t, or what does anyone want to pay me for it? IMG-20200221-WA0001.jpg

12. steviec_lj

Apparently yes, when it was being moved across Scotland. To be honest it’s still sat on the pallet I brought it home on, I just haven’t had time or money.

Being tighter than a ducks rear end, £150 :dontknow:

Advertisements