coffee table

1. Aesgarth Member

Northumberland
    40mm box, some old oak flooring and a glass shelf rescued from the skip at work.
    20150925_182701.jpg

20150925_182951.jpg

20150925_182929.jpg

mpats, steve t, mr migwire and 2 others like this.
  2. V6BOY Member

Nice work, something with some character.

3. Aesgarth Member

Northumberland
    Made a new top for thos today using new flooring (free from work) looks a bit less rough than the old one. 20160220_195659.jpg 20160220_194823.jpg 20160220_194808.jpg

andy_v and slim_boy_fat like this.
  4. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

Excellent idea and workmanship, just don't bank your toes against one of those legs,

5. Aesgarth Member

Northumberland
    The legs would definitely win. It's fairly... solid...

I actually pointed out to one of my friends that it would easily take the weight of my car, maybe a touch over built for cups of coffee.

6. chunkolini

chunkolini celebrity artiste

Looks interesting, I prefer the second top.
    It loos way better to me without the slate tiles.
    I like the curly wurly glass shelf.

7. Aesgarth Member

Northumberland
    It does look better wothout the slate but i don't want to ruin it with hot cups or cold beer so it needs something. I also love the shelf, I've been trying, without luck, to find a supplier for something similar.

8. paulmitchell1984 Member

can you not get some form of wax to protect the top, i know danish oil is good for that but will make this too dark, somebody may know of something similar

9. Kent

Kent Member

Padiham glass could sort your wavey glass if you needed some Padiham near burnley lancs just off the m 65
    Why don't you go the whole hog and polish and regrain those welds?

10. Aesgarth Member

Northumberland
    I'm working on making some wooden coasters out of some of the offcuts. The top is waxed but i think hot cups or plates would mark it quickly. I'll get in touch with padiham glass and see if they can help me out.

Regarding the welds i actually went over a couple of them again after i had to do some grinding - i like the discolouration and i was considering going over the whole thing with a blowtorch to get some patterns on it.

11. Aesgarth Member

Northumberland
    So... After 3 years almost to the day I've made a companion for this table to sit next to my sofa... 20180923_180822.jpg

20180923_182624.jpg

with a couple of oak coasters. definitely going to make a few more of those for the other table. Not sure what to do for a shelf yet - I like the wavy glass on the original but I've yet to find a supplier.

Oh, and since this is a welding forum, a photo of the welds...
    20180923_111455.jpg

Advertisements