CNC constructional steel bending

1. ukracer Forum Supporter

Is any one on the site in the know about this type of machine.

It might not actually be called CNC but essentially it moves bends and then cuts steel as used in the construction industry.

Its often large diameters they work with so i am led to believe.....

2. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Are you talking about saw lines with pre-cambering units?

Any particular instance?

3. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

That sort of thing?
    Seen more complex systems for smaller gauge wire.

ukracer likes this.
  4. Lazeyjack

Lazeyjack lazeyjack

5. ukracer Forum Supporter

Not 100% certain but the way it has been described to me is it pulls bar or rod.....bends it 90° and does that 3 times and then cuts it off leaving a square .

I am certain there are not just that machine operating but i believe the ones in use are czechoslovakian.

6. Luke

Luke Forum Supporter

All sorts of machine exist. What do you want to know?

ukracer likes this.
  7. ukracer Forum Supporter

Thats the sort of thing as described but does not seem complicated enough to pay 2k plus flights and hotels if it had a problem.

I am hoping to get the names of the machines tommorow. ;)

8. ukracer Forum Supporter

Essentially my son has been sounded out about getting trained on servicing and repair for the machines his company use.
    He drives lorries with Hihab etc currently but the service manager got stuck removing and replacing an engine from a transit. My son stayed over for 3 hours to get it all running.
    So at 27 they realise he is mechanical minded and are discussing 4 weeks training abroad so he can service onsite. Etc. His age is useful as he should have lots of years service left. ;)

9. Luke

Luke Forum Supporter

Is that the call-out charges they are looking at, for support from the manufacturer, or an approved service centre, etc?

I used to do call-out work for servo systems, around £100/hr starting from leaving home until arriving back home, plus 80p/mile, plus all expenses (flights, car hire, hotels, meals) + 10% on the expenses. It soon adds up. Needless to say, I didn't get paid £100/hr!

I once drove 500 miles round trip, including going around London twice, to put a wire back in to a terminal, so it doesn't really matter how complicated the problem actually is.

Advertisements