Classic restoration project?

1. chunkolini

chunkolini celebrity artiste

I was out walking a while back and saw this........................
    Copy of country walk 4 3 06 002.jpg
    I figured it might appeal to the mad restorers out there.
    Chunko'.

2. RedOrZed Member

Milton Keyneses
    LOL! Old Frod Trasnit van? 5p worth?

3. now that would be a project lol, bet its seriously rotten. be a fun project though

4. madkayaker

madkayaker Pro sparkey Pro Welder

Cumbria
    is the tree extra?

5. MrFluffy Member

Ive got the slightly later square light model of that rusting in the field but in better shape than that one. Its handpainted, with a horseshoe and has the old york diesel and the old 4 speed box so screams its head off at 55mph, but, everytime we put a battery on it which must be once every two years or so, it fires up...
    Bit of paint, some bondo, maybe some wheels and it'll be good for another 20 years (if the chassis doesnt fall off) :D

6. andypocock

andypocock Member

Langstone
    Free road tax. Almost makes it a viable project. There would a hell of a lot of the "donor" in it if I was to take it on ;)

7. spookyrooky Member

fife scotland
    would make a great camper :)

8. bill_gj

bill_gj Tired and irritable

Hockley, Essex
    I had a 1967 1700cc V4 camper for a while. It was biodegradable and fell apart before my eyes.
    However, it went like stuff off a shovel and actually handled quite well. The early York engine was nasty though. I think some of them had a Perkins 4-108 engine as well.

9. A friend had an ex ambulance 2.0 v4. That went quite well, until the crank fell out.

10. too new to be worth the work, mk1 transits came out in 1965, if you can find an early one its worth something

11. bill_gj

bill_gj Tired and irritable

Hockley, Essex
    MrFluffy - couldn't PM you ref the Perkins/York question - your mailbox is full

Advertisements