Clarke 205te turbo new

1. Matt37 New Member

chance of buying my first mig and found the above brand new £350.00 inc.
    Question - as it’s badged 185 amp will it be ok to use in my shed. Sheds wired from house in 6mm cable to its own consumer board in shed with ring main in shed.
    Does it have to be hard wired or will 13amp plug suffice ? Thanks
    And as a starter welder is this a decent choice?

2. weldequip Forum Sponsor

The Torch is one of the things that lets that model down, they are a direct wired type and expensive to replace :o
    You can convert them to a quick fit Euro-Torch (a third of the price to replace) for around £90, but why bother when there are machines around that already have it fitted.
    You can run up to around 160amps MIG from a 13amp supply.

3. Matt37 New Member

Thanks for that...... I was also looking at Gys smart mug 162. I’m thinking the Clarke will need hard wiring then and liable to keep tripping

4. fizzy Member

uk
    My Clarke 230 which is the next model up does have the Euro torch - replaced the cheap one and now it feels like a far more expensive machine.

I run my 230 off a normal 13amp plug. Only trips on full power which is 6 I think. Turn down to 5 and it will run no problem.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

6. Matt37 New Member

Thanks for that.....
    Just snapped up a brand new never used Clarke 110 en turbo. Smaller than I wanted but ideal for light work and couldn’t resist at £100 all in

slim_boy_fat, fizzy and dobbslc like this.
Advertisements