Chat about MIG Welding

1. malcolm

malcolm & Clementine the Cat

This is a very new site, so I've been surprised about the number of e-mails I've received asking for advice on MIG welding.

The e-mails have all been about interesting aspects of MIG welding. They've been about general technique, equipment, car repairs, and even art sculptures. All of the questions and answers would benefit other people, so it's good to put this sort of thing on a forum.

Please share your experiences with MIG welding. Ask questions, post what you've learned, or just chat about welding in general. Your information will help other people in their quest for that perfect weld.

:D

2. Justin_LaFleur Member

Ontario Canada
    The Perfic Weld

8) Man I had the PERFICT weld once it was soooo Pritty my figuar 8ts where great it was at a watter treatment plant we where welding steal pipes and i clamped thes hught ass peace of pipe to the outher one then tacked it....i took off the clamp and i started to weld it was like god himself was welding it my havds where sooo steady weaving and doing my figuar 8ts sooo pritty i got to about half way and the welder started to jump so i stoped lifted up my helment NO SPLATTER WHAT SO EVER! clean as a wistle sreaght like it was not even broken after i grinded it down to make it flush cuz the boss dont even wanna see teh weld the penatration on it was amazing i sware he was gonna kiss me.

3. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Well, i have found this site this evening, and am more than happy to give guidance and advice to any that need it!
    You can count on it being sound advice, as my trade is fabrication....

4. malcolm

malcolm & Clementine the Cat

It's great to have you on the forum Hitachimad. Welcome.

It's only after starting the forum up that I realise how much I don't know about welding. There are a lot of questions here I can't answer. It's good to see people who are willing to share their knowlege.

:D

5. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Its not a black art, like some make out Malc!

6. Pentawelder Angle grinder operator

Hitachimad, Welcome to the forum and thanks for your answer to my question.
    Smoke (Fluxweld), sparks, fire (if you aren't careful), electricity and molten matal adds up to magic!!

Advertisements