Cebora Stag 186 wire feed slipping

1. andyg0141 Member

Hi,

The wire feed on my Cebora welder keeps slipping 0.8mm wire even with the tension wound right up. Only way to keep it flowing is have the torch almost perfectly straight. The torch is a new £50 cheapish euro torch.

Any ideas what may be wrong? The wire is slightly oxidised - could this be the cause?

Andy

2. grim_d

grim_d Unlikeable idiot.

Change your liner and don't use rusty wire, it clogs the liner almost instantly.

Also I had to add some spacers under the bearing on my cebora to get good tension.

Make sure you are using the correct side of the feed roller and the wire is in the groove.

3. andyg0141 Member

Thanks for the quick reply. What liner do you recommend? Will it need changed even though the torch is pretty new??

Will take a look at the spacing suggestion.

4. grim_d

grim_d Unlikeable idiot.

I usually buy parweld liners because that's what my local place or eBay has. Never had a problem with generic ones though.

If you have ran rusty wire through it, it will need changed.

5. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

You could try blowing the liner through with compressed air, Also if your wire is not too bad, discard a few turns from the outside, Another little aid can be lightly clamping some scotchbrite onto the wire before it enters the feed rollers.

6. andyg0141 Member

Couple of photos of the wire feed below. The wire isnt too bad at all. Il give the liner a clean out as suggested before replacing. Thanks

image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. weldequip Forum Sponsor

"With the tension wound right up". Up, or down? Either way it will be too little or too much. Back it right off & start to screw it down until it just picks the wire up & starts to pull it through smoothly; do this with the torch lead straight. Surface rust on the wire won't help, get rid.

8. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

How tight do you have the brake spring on the reel holder?....it just needs to rotate really easy but not roll on when torch trigger released;)

9. weldequip Forum Sponsor

Which model Cebora is yours pdg?

10. andyg0141 Member

Spot on with the spring tension for the roll of wire....backed it off on the allen bolt and it's perfect now.

Thanks for all the advice!

Advertisements