Cebora Pocket Turbo 130 New Torch has 2 wires!

1. Jason Haggett New Member

Hi all. I just bought a replacement torch for my Cebora Pocket Turbo 130, as my old torch had just about given up, only to find that the new torch has 2 wires instead of 1 as per the original.

I understand it's possible to fit it to my machine, but i'm unsure where to connect the second wire. For reference this is the torch i bought:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacem...var=690677483320&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I assume the blue wire goes onto the terminal where the old one went, but what do i do with the other?

Any help very much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Jason

2. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, have you asked the vendor? the ad did state the torch may not be compatible with earlier machines.

3. Jason Haggett New Member

Thanks :) I've been learning to mig weld from the site but am new to the forum. I've e-mailed the seller but not had a reply yet. I was unaware there were differences in the machines but the ad didn't mention compatibility

4. rtbcomp

torch.JPG

5. Jason Haggett New Member

I assumed that meant the tips, shrouds etc.

6. 130 Member

UK North West
    Work out the circuit on your old torch
    Work out the circuit on your new torch
    Then you will likely see what is required.

It should be easy when the trigger switch mechanism is understood.

7. Jetex

Jetex Member

You connect one of the wires to the main welding current lead on the torch. The original Cebora torch only has one wire because the torch switch connects this wire to the main welding current wire inside the torch. For that replacement torch you can connect the second wire at the torch connection side.

Jason Haggett likes this.
  8. Jason Haggett New Member

Thanks for the advice! So I connect one of the cables onto the power block with the main torch cable, and the other onto the PCB where the original torch connected?
    Relieved it can be used with my machine - I thought i'd just bought a very expensive torch liner.

Thanks again!

9. Jetex

Jetex Member

Yes, that is correct, sorry I did not explain it very well but you understood.

10. postie jon Member

let us know if its any good as mine is also on its last legs.

11. Jason Haggett New Member

Will do. For £28 i figured it was worth a punt

12. Jason Haggett New Member

I finally got round to testing it today and the difference is night and day! No more write feed issues, I guess caused by the plastic liner, and the trigger is a huge improvement.
    My welding is no longer a complete embarrassment.
    100% recommend the upgrade

Farside likes this.
  13. rtbcomp

Thanks for letting us know.

14. Kernowcamuk New Member

I nearly bought the same but deferred to a new liner and torch liner. I regret not swapping as your feedback is very positive and reaffirms what. I have heard.

15. kinkyfix New Member

hi sorry to just jump in here but I have the same issue. I have also purchased a torch with the extra wire. The new torch has 1 small black wire and 1 small blue wire, 1 large black wire and the liner and gas tube. Would I be correct in saying I could open the torch and connect the small black wire to the large black wire then connect the blue at the main box end as usual.
    thanks in advance

16. wookie Member

I would imagine it'll be fine, the 2 thin wires should go to the trigger switch and it shouldn't matter which way around you connect them.

So just to recap...
    Thin black & Thick black connected to where the thick cable on your old torch was connected to.
    Thin blue to where ever the thin wire on your old torch was connected to.

Swapping the 2 thin wires around shouldn't make any difference as it's just a switch but having the 2 black wires going to the same place just looks better.
    (I'm not OCD honest... actually it's CDO :whistle:)

17. kinkyfix New Member

cheers wookie much appreciated, I will let you all know how it goes (it'll be fine lol) got to go away for a few days but then its all go. cheers again

18. kinkyfix New Member

thank you for all your help I have fitted the new torch, wiring and liner etc it seems to work fine, pull the trigger and out comes wire lol. could test for a good weld as the little bottle I had (which felt about half full) is in actual fact empty. But I did some lovely splatters which were fused together, just looked like a deranged toddler did it lol.
    Thanks again Wookie.

19. kinkyfix New Member

Advertisements