Cebora Pocket 130 Turbo Earth clamp and liner.

1. MysterG

MysterG Member

Well whilst welding up some plant supports this afternoon the earth clamp parted company with the cable, right at the bolt.
    Original clamp, I guess it's had a good innings.
    If I'm reconnecting it is it worth swapping it for something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400a-400...-Plasma-New-/321749179766?hash=item4ae9bedd76 ??

Also after having a few feed issues and a bit of searching on here I bought a length of curtain wire to replace the liner. The old one's been in there donkey years.
    Any advice as far as changing the liner goes? Not something I've attempted before.

2. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Can't help you with the nuts and bolts of removing the liner (think there is an explanation on the home page of this forum) but make sure you leave it to long, then give the torch cable a good twist and wriggle to settle in the new liner. Then when yo cut the liner make sure your remove any burr from the cut to stop it catching on the weld wire. And don't forget to remove any plastic sleeve from the last 10 inches IF it goes right up to the tip. Yours may just go in to a valve block ?

MysterG likes this.
  3. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
  4. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

^^^ not changed a liner on one of them but done quite a few on clark and transmig and telwin all seam to the same

5. MysterG

MysterG Member

Well just spent a couple of hours in the garage.

First off I refitted the old earth clamp as I don't yet have a replacement. Must have been hanging by a few copper threads for quite a while now. If the cable had ever been crimped into the strain relief parts of the clamp rather than just hanging on the bolt it might have out lived me.
    Next I stripped the torch and took the side off the welder to fit the new liner (£1 Wilko curtain wire) and have a general clean up.
    Although every time I get near the plastic parts of the wire feed assembly my heart stops, it is all still in one piece with no cracks I can see. Old liner out easily, new 'liner' slid in much more easily than I expected. Clamped the welder end, wiggled and twisted everything, cut it to length, deburred and fitted it to the valve block.
    Cleaned the feed rollers. Took apart the valve block and cleaned the switch contacts (very black), wiped over the 'plunger' with silicone lubricant as the gas has been slow to cut off lately. You could physically watch the switch slowly return when you released it.
    Wire fed back in easily, and some test welds later I reckon it's working far better than it has done for long while. :cool:

Just need to treat it to a new shroud and get some tips as I've misplaced my spares :doh:

Advertisements