Cebora MIG 190C 521 Rotary Switch

1. The History Man Member

Hi
    I am fitting a new 6 position rotary voltage switch on my old Cebora machine. I understand wiring mains to transformer except I don't see how the smoothing condenser is wired into the switch - wires C and 6 which are white in the machine and joined with a cable tie.
    Has anyone got experience of wiring this switch?
    Thanks
    Tony

2. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    The original switch may have had a section on it for just the C+6 which only made contact on the first three positions (1,2&3). If your "new" switch does not have a separate set of contacts then you could have that on a separate on/off rocker switch so that it can be switch in on the lower settings. This all assumes that your machine is like the attached image ?
    Note when looking up info you might want to also look at the snap on machines postings as snap on machines were generally rebadged Cebora,

• LABLED 852.jpg
    gaz1 likes this.
  3. The History Man Member

Thanks Mike - My wiring is almost the same as this although the components are laid out slightly differently. A separate rocker switch would be a simple solution - I understand that the condenser was only to smooth the arc at lower voltages for sheet metal work.
    Really helpful reply. It is great that there are ways to keep these old machine going.

Advertisements