Cebora K810 wire feed roller repair

1. baldy Member

kent uk
    I was given a Cebora K810 from a forum member of a motorcycling website i use, it had the usual problem with the broken feed roller scenario.Here is the first image of the missing feed roller tension arm.
    [​IMG]
    So an idea was born.
    [​IMG]
    The end of the bar was slotted and bent carefully with a blowlamp and a hammer.
    And a quick mock up for alignment purposes.
    [​IMG]
    Out came the Oxford Mig. bzzzzzz
    [​IMG]
    followed by the tap n die set
    [​IMG]
    Nearly done...
    [​IMG]
    The finished article.
    [​IMG]
    And here are a couple of test welds.
    [​IMG]
    That was a piece of 6mm steel plate with the 4mm gas pipe wrapped in ptfe tape and rammed into a bit of 6mm plastic hose with the wife keeping it together whilst i welded.
    So ive put some castors on the base and it seems to be very good so far!
    Thats the front panel.
    You know when you think," i wont throw that out, it will come in handy some day" well all i did all day was use up stuff destined for the bin. Well chuffed !
    [​IMG]
    Happy days, i hope that helps somebody ! cheers Pauly!

decca, zx9, gaz1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Pete.

Pete. Member

Very good, innovative repair.

Thread title could be a little more descriptive though 'So last night' doesn't give much clue as to the content.

brightspark and eSCHEn like this.
  3. baldy Member

kent uk
    Just for you Pete, i tried to change the title ,it but it would appear i cant.Sorry.
    Still, it kept me entertained most of the day.

4. Pete.

Pete. Member

It's a good repair, I had to do something similar on my grandson's Cebora mig, not because it was broken but because of the intermittent feed. It's a shame that they skimped on such a vital part as it's really a nice little welder.

5. zx9

zx9 Member

Have hit the 'report' button so hopefully one of the Mods can help change it for you.

eSCHEn likes this.
  6. baldy Member

kent uk
    Well i looked into replacing the whole motor feed assembly, but the feed motor was fed with 5-36volts, all i could find was 12 or 24 volt units.So that scuppered that, unless i replaced the motor feed controller with a whole new pwm speed controller.
    i also looked into converting it into a euro torch connector , but the gas control is in the torch itself, so that would need a 12 volt dc transformer and a 12 volt gas valve being fitted into it.
    A mate of mine has another pocket mig on endless loan, so this was meant to fill the void of that, so i decided to use it for what it is,and keep it as is, until the torch dies, then ill get busy adding gadgets.
    I own a big Oxford Mig but it isnt really portable so this is just what i wanted and i had fun mending it.

7. Pete.

Pete. Member

If you get stuck, I have a spare 12v gas solenoid somewhere. I bought it new for my turbo bike but never used it.

baldy likes this.
  8. baldy Member

kent uk
    Dont worry too much.i was just chuffed that id managed a to fix a real old welder in under 24 hours.

Advertisements